Calling all Wella professionals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

articogeek

Reaction score
hey there my salon is converting from loreal to wella this week!!! now im after all your favourite toner cocktails or simply your do's and don'ts !!any info you have will be greatfully recieved !!!!!!!

S x

hey there my salon is converting from loreal to wella this week!!! now im after all your favourite toner cocktails or simply your do's and don'ts !!any info you have will be greatfully recieved !!!!!!!

S x

Don't use wells .7 as green!! It's brunette!

never use 12/0 for global, its super yellow. . . and dont use 12/11 if you hope for super light, the extra ash dulls it.
10/38 a lovely toner.
use the colour touch reds if you can get away with it, they come out much brighter than the tints.
x

You will love it, good move. I was L'Oreal trained and when the salon I was working in changed to Wella we were a little scared (creatures of habit!) but Wella made the transition really easy, they were very supportive. I then left and went to Australia and was back using L'Oreal and really missed Wella!

Back using it again and it is fantastic, simple colour ranges that work beauyifly! You will find super shine with COlour Rouch, CT+ is beautiful, Kolosten gives all the coverage as Majirel would but over all a softer permanent not that heavy block that you would sometimes get from Majirel.

/7 as mentioned by blue rinse is stunning and gives a richness to the hair, you can have some real fun with tonners, and I retail colour fresh to clients to use as a top up for refreshing in between colours, they love them.

Good luck and enjoy-haven't given any tips really but you are making a great change! Good luck

Most of my clients use love 9/16. :)

10.38 in colour touch or koleston? what dev ?

what toner cocktails do you know?

ok toner cocktails and others: my best kept secrets :p

salmon pink :15ml 10/0 with 5ml of 0/65 ...leave for full 20 mins and rinse.
white ash blonde :15ml 12/96 with 10ml of 0/81 again leave for full 20 mins

vibrant purple: 60ml 55/66 with 15ml of 0/65 and 3ml of 0/45, mix with 9% and leave until desired shade. its booootiful :D

vibrant red- 77/46 with no mixer tone, 6% and develop. Then rise and apply 66/45 colour touch. it lasts for a lot longer, but having the permant base also helps the colour grab more :)

i cant think of any more atm, but if i do ill let you know

Latest posts

Back