Can I add Aromatherapy Oil to Cuticle Oil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinkle_2282

Reaction score
I bought a retail pack of Nurture Oil from NSI a while ago but whilst I find it lovely to use, I feel that it would be nicer if it had a scent. Would it affect the products performance in any way if I were to add aromatherapy oil to it? Sorry if this seems like a silly question! :o

twinkle_2282 said:
I bought a retail pack of Nurture Oil from NSI a while ago but whilst I find it lovely to use, I feel that it would be nicer if it had a scent. Would it affect the products performance in any way if I were to add aromatherapy oil to it? Sorry if this seems like a silly question! :o
I don't know the answer but I don't think it's a silly question! I'd would also be interested to know the answer.

you have to be very careful with aromatherapy oils as they react differently with each other and also different ingredients, this needs to be adhered to when thinking of mixing oils too.

personally I would go for a carrier oil like an almond or similar and add a couple of drops of Lavender oil, it's a safer option IMO.

or you could contact NSI and ask their advice which might be better.

hth
x

twinkle_2282 said:

I thought Nurture Oil smelled a bit like sweeties LOL.

If you are an NSI user anyway then check out their Bio Solutions range - they do a massage oil which has great things in it - very similar ingredients to Solar Oil - then you can add their massage scents - Lavender, Citrus or I think the other one might be minty. They are great and I use them when doing a manicure as a hand and nail oil before using my heated mitts.

Latest posts

Back