Can I have some feedback?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellsandWhistles

Reaction score
20160629_115409.jpg
20160629_115455.jpg
20160629_115501.jpg
20160629_115409.jpg
20160629_115455.jpg

So I've been practising, and practising and practising. This today's work so far. I'm happy with my shaping, as I've struggled with oval. I'm happy with my blending, and my gel application.
My gel application isn't perfect, so I'm still having to a small amount of filing and buffing to get a perfect finish. But nowhere near as much as before. The only thing still bothering me, is my tipping. I can get a tip on, no air bubbles, no adjustments. But I'm still getting a milky white area at the very top of the nail plate?
Any advice, tips or constructive criticism very much welcomed
20160629_115409.jpg
20160629_115455.jpg
20160629_115501.jpg

No idea why it's doubled up with the pictures? Sorry

Have you tried blending it a bit more or is that as much as it'll blend?
Are those the tips that you trained with?
If they don't seem to blend anymore then I'd try some different tips as some are easier to blend than others. I'd try buffing it a bit more first though, just be careful that you're only buffing the tip and not the natural nail x

Yes, these are the tips I've trained with. And it's as much as it will blend. I'm off to the wholesalers tomorrow, so I'll pick up some different ones and see how I get on with them. Thanks for the suggestion

It might just be how it appears on my phone but it looks to me like there might be air under there, caused by not enough glue/not spread evenly or the angle at which you held the tip when applying it.
If you file through the white area you'll be able to tell if it was that as your hole will appear and the you'll he able to see under there if there's an air pocket

Thanks Blossom. This what I thought, but I really couldn't see any trapped air or bubbles. But perhaps the angle I use could have hidden any? I'll file it down and take a look. Thanks

Latest posts

Back