Can not get hold of Shellac (do I turn to Ebay)?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can the Brisa Liquid Bond be removed with accetone? I thought of purchasing this to use whilst the Shellac Base Coat was out of stock but thought I had read that this would mean that it would no longer remove in 10 minutes?

The secret to the clean release and removal of Shellac is in the Base Coat and the science behind it. If you are completely out of base coat then you can try the Brisa Bond but it will not be a true Shellac service .. you know that.

Good news is that the Shellac order is due in very soon. If you are not completely out then ring S2 and ask to be put on the email alert list and you will be given an alert when the Shellac comes in. Do it quick so you get an alert before the stock comes in. 08452106060

Hi

This heading may really annoy some people but I really do not know what to do, when I am losing business because I can not get hold of Shellac.

Can anyone tell me if they have had to do the same thing? I went to Sweet squared yesterday and they said they do not know when they will be getting Cream Puff or the Base coat back in, they said to call Manchester because they are showing stock, so I rang them and they said they have none either. I understand it is in such demand it is just so frustrating.

I have had to cancel two clients plus I have a Shellac party to do on Friday, which I think I will have to cancel.:mad:

Does any one have any idea's where I could get some from, Don't want to buy it from ebay out of principle but that may be my last option.:irked:

tracie xxxxxx:hug:

Cream Puff, Fedora, Negligee, Strawberry Smoothie, Red Baroness, Romantique & Top Coat due in next week - date TBC.

Actually Katie, I feel that's a little unfair. It's hardly nailgurl17's fault there are availability issues with Shellac. As other's have said on here, you have to do what's right for your business. Seriously, would you turn away clients indefinitely? I wouldn't as it doesn't make economic business sense to do that. If Nailgurl17 has clients booked in advance, what other option is left for her? Stay strictly "professional" and lose clients or source it from Ebay as an emergency one-off until the stock problems have improved?
Lisa

I'm sorry lisa no I would never ever ever buy from an unauthorised source. And I am in no way having a go but I would not get myself into that position in the first place and if I were then I most certainly know for a fact that I would not loose clients,1, my regulars know I do a good job I'm professional and they get quality products and service with knowledge and care, therefore WHY would I worry they go somewhere else when they know they won't get what they get with ME. .... 2 I would never knowingly book client in for service if I knew I was unable to give 3,, I am sensible and business like with my housekeeping meaning I never alow myself to run short let alone DRY.

I have many clients whom love fedora I was foolish not to forecast that it would become hugely popular again abd did not re-order months ago, I have got tiny bit left, no huge worry will get new stock next week and my clients this week are just going to have to wait and instead try another fab colour such as red baroness or iced cuppa layerd with romantique ,,, I feel they don't know if they like something unless the try.

Actually Katie, I feel that's a little unfair. It's hardly nailgurl17's fault there are availability issues with Shellac. As other's have said on here, you have to do what's right for your business. Seriously, would you turn away clients indefinitely? I wouldn't as it doesn't make economic business sense to do that. If Nailgurl17 has clients booked in advance, what other option is left for her? Stay strictly "professional" and lose clients or source it from Ebay as an emergency one-off until the stock problems have improved?
Lisa

I feel that it was rather a harsh response too.
You can't blame her for trying to protect her business.
You might as well blame cnd for not manufacturing enough in the first place and creating the problem.
In actual fact it is nobodys fault, the demand has been unprecedented and that has taken both the technicians and cnd by surprise.
This situation will pass eventually and when cnd get production up to the rate of demand the prices on bay will slump and so will the 'black market' demand.
It's a phase that will pass.

You might as well blame cnd for not manufacturing enough in the first place and creating the problem.
In actual fact it is nobodys fault, the demand has been unprecedented and that has taken both the technicians and cnd by surprise.
This situation will pass eventually and when cnd get production up to the rate of demand the prices on bay will slump and so will the 'black market' demand.

Amen to that. :hug:

Things are regularising slowly but surely. Stock is arriving on a steady basis and the new half oz sizes of top and base coat will be a big help when they start to come through.

It has been a wild ride and one none of us particularly want to repeat :green: This superb product does make it worth waiting for if peeps haven't tried it yet. If you have it, then you must be canny about ordering it so you don't run short.

Passions run high in our business and I do think Katie only says what many are thinking. No offense to the flea bay purchaser personally, but people buying like this do not help the situation. As you say, what will help is loads and heaps and bushels of lovely CND Shellac stock! One day we will look back and it will be one of those tales to remember!!

What we also need (and I know you have access to the right ears!) is an alarm that goes off when the bottle is about 3/4 the way down. Or the bottle gives us an electric shock when it becomes too light LOL.

Amen to that. :hug:

Things are regularising slowly but surely. Stock is arriving on a steady basis and the new half oz sizes of top and base coat will be a big help when they start to come through.

It has been a wild ride and one none of us particularly want to repeat :green: This superb product does make it worth waiting for if peeps haven't tried it yet. If you have it, then you must be canny about ordering it so you don't run short.

Passions run high in our business and I do think Katie only says what many are thinking. No offense to the flea bay purchaser personally, but people buying like this do not help the situation. As you say, what will help is loads and heaps and bushels of lovely CND Shellac stock! One day we will look back and it will be one of those tales to remember!!

What we also need (and I know you have access to the right ears!) is an alarm that goes off when the bottle is about 3/4 the way down. Or the bottle gives us an electric shock when it becomes too light LOL.

I'll pass those suggestions on, Fiona .:green: Until CND install the alarm system, I have a simple trick. I have a small piece of paper sellotaped inside my appt. book with a list of colours and top n base. Every time I do a coat of base or top or colour I put a tick on the list .. after 20 ticks I get a new bottle of whatever it is I'm going to need.

I'm sure that everyone can see the difficulty of having to have opaque bottles to stop curing in the bottle ... obvbiously, you can't see through them!! So I have found the way to adapt!! It's called being organized!! lol

I have used another brand for testing and the neck of the bottle is clear .. guess what ? .. the product has cured inside the neck of the bottle and you can't get the brush in and out without mashing it up!! Tricky!! lol

If there is a way, that CND can let you see through the bottle without the product curing they will find it. :hug:

It is also difficult to stock up on the Top and Base Coat when we are limited to purchasing one bottle per order!x

It is also difficult to stock up on the Top and Base Coat when we are limited to purchasing one bottle per order!x

Well that is just the way things have to be for now to be fair to everyone .. which is what we try to be?

If people were allowed to 'stock up and hoard, then you would not have a chance at getting any products and ebay would be full of them as our greedy fellow professionals would buy heaps and put it up for sale.

So for the time being I think S2 have taken the absolutley correct and ethical stance to ensure as far as possible that every customer gets a fair crack at the whip until stocks are in an unlimited supply. Wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
@GinaMaria - it is only temporary we promise but Geeg is right - it is the fairest way we knew to help all of the existing Shellac customers. The fact that the larger 1/2oz bottles of Base & Top are on their way too is also going to help! :hug:

@Mrs Geek, Thank you for your reply....I do of course agree that this is the fairest way to make sure that everyone can purchase their Shellac base/top coats. I was just defending Tracie130178 ...no matter how organised or professional you are...running low on stock can't be avoided.

I shall look forward to the larger 1/2oz bottles when they are available!!xxx

can't you see part of the issue can be unproffessional people like yourself whom are buying off these cowboys on ebay are only adding to the problem, these people are getting there stock from somewhere as i said prev either illegally or legally by hook or by crook and then selling on at extorsionate rates to silly people who can't see they are making problem worse .

So really you are adding to the stock issues,, thankyou for that.

oh your welcome ! First of all, you're rude response is unnecessary and since there was nooooo top or base to be found by any legit dealer and i needed it badly to keep my clients happy, i purchased it with no regret... And i have never paid more than 5 dollars more for them on ebay... I am 100% positive that my purchase had absolutely nothing to do with the massive backup with shellacs system... Have a great day :)

actually katie, i feel that's a little unfair. It's hardly nailgurl17's fault there are availability issues with shellac. As other's have said on here, you have to do what's right for your business. Seriously, would you turn away clients indefinitely? I wouldn't as it doesn't make economic business sense to do that. If nailgurl17 has clients booked in advance, what other option is left for her? Stay strictly "professional" and lose clients or source it from ebay as an emergency one-off until the stock problems have improved?
Lisa

thanks for understanding! Also i work independently in a salon along side another nail tech who has the same arrangement as me. Now if i choose to not buy what i need they would just go to her.. To me the 3 bottles i purchased over the last 3 months has nothing to do with shellacs inability to handle the orders..i have also begun using gelish and geleration b/c it is much easier to get and they work just as well :) :) :)

thanks for understanding! its nice to know that my 3 bottle purchase DID NOT CAUSE THE GREAT SHELLAC SHORTAGE LOL... PLEASE PEOPLE, NASTINESS GETS YOU NO WHERE IN LIFE.. I NEEDED IT, I BOUGHT IT AND IT WAS BARELY MORE THAN 5 DOLLARS MORE PER BOTTLE :) :) :)

To be honest I was forced to buy on Ebay due to lack of supplies thru legit distributors. I have bought Shellac base and top and Gelish top...sad to say , sometimes you have to do what you have to do.. I wont lose the clientelle and I needed them both quickly. I have had no problems ordering this way

I was not rude , just honest . Professionals do not buy professional products of auction sites, FACT. If you can not get it WAIT or pre order.

Well my motto in an emergency is, "Whatever it takes"!

No one hates flea bay more than I do or the greed that prompts people to sell from there ... This must be what it was like in the 2nd world war when people would pay unbelievable amounts for cigarettes and nylon stockings etc because of rationing ... Some would obtain these things and then sell them on at hugely inflated prices! Someone else would want the goods no matter what the price for whatever reason.

I say, to explore every legitimate avenue FIRST ... Fleabay as a last resort. And try hard not to let yourself get in a position that forces you to line greedy peoples' pockets.

You can't lable someone as unprofessional because they obtain something in order to carry on with their professional business ... That is nonsense really.

I was not rude , just honest . Professionals do not buy professional products of auction sites, FACT. If you can not get it WAIT or pre order.

And meanwhile your business suffers. Hmmm. Great advice there.

Surely from a proffessional point of view you can understand that buying pro products from unauthorised sources is in my opinion unproffessional ??

Surely as an alternative she could source another brand ie gellish , gelac, etc from a reputable company to tide her over , I know I would do that as opposed to supporting fleabay seller selling shellac I would rather buy alternitave product until it becomes available again.

Yes we all do what's right but surely it's wrong to support eBay ,, again supply and demand if no one buys then there's no demand .

I just don't agree atall at buying a product that I am using on clients paying clients when I can not 100% gaurntee it's authenticity.

Latest posts

Back