Can someone please advise me of insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerrie-anne

Reaction score
Hi
Can someone please advise me on what and were to get some insurance? Going to work from home doing nails possibly doing some mobile work not sure yet, but do needto get some insurance was also planning on joining ANT, do you think this is a good idea?!!!!

i got insurance with ant you can also get it with professional beuty direct bu t i think they are the same as in cover etc...

Got mine through Professional Beauty, they was very reasonable.

Sparklepink said:
i got insurance with ant you can also get it with professional beuty direct bu t i think they are the same as in cover etc...

Silly question. what exactly does the insurance cover?

emma x

Thank you for that link for professional beauty just been in touch with them and they charge £34.50 and that covers me mobile or home, do you know what else i need to do if i am working from home, do i need to register my business or can i now go out and hand out my little cards, not sure whats next?!!!!!!!!!!!HELP

Hi,

I am looking in to all this aswell and hope you don't mind me adding another question to yours. I am looking for a business name and wondered if there was anyway you can check that you are not using a name that somebody already has!!

Also, if you are working from home do your premisies have to be inspected?

Thanks and sorry for buttin in !!:D

Dont worry about butting in theyre questions that i need answered too. Its all such a bloody mine field, got my insurance sorted out at least, I just cant wait to get my business up and running its so exciting:D xxx

Thanks very much Sam, I guess I better get a move on finding a name!!

This insurance will cover you while you are treating your client also if client falls off the treatment chair/couch but does NOT cover the client walking through your home to the treatment room!
I phoned up and asked about this, I then phoned my house/building insurance which is pro they said they can NOT insure for this either as it will be a business and I will have to find a insurance Brooker to deal with this I have not got any further yet!
I also know that you have to tell your Mortgage lender whick I am lucky as we have no longer a morgage to pay so this is great. Also the council I have not talked to them yet as I am not ready to set up.
I will be using a room in my cellar that I also use as my washroom but the clothes can be stored away or put in the other room in the cellar while I am doing a client. It has two fire 3 fire exits one back up into the house and the other two outside the house either front or back garden.
You will get lots of good advise from girls that are workingh from home I know it is not easy but it can be all sorted so that you can work from home safe and your clients will be safe.
Good luck
Caz xxx

kerrie-anne said:
Thank you for that link for professional beauty just been in touch with them and they charge £34.50 and that covers me mobile or home, do you know what else i need to do if i am working from home, do i need to register my business or can i now go out and hand out my little cards, not sure whats next?!!!!!!!!!!!HELP

I am with The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists...who charge mega money for the insurance, but does include liability and product, I dont know about other providers. They are expensive I think I paid £80-90ish...which is a lot when you are just starting out. You get to put M.G.P.B.T after your name which is quite good, and you can use their logo on your adverts to show you are a member and I have had clients call me purely because they can see you are part of a guild and thus trust you more.

Hi there im insured with Salon Secure as a freelance Nail tech they also provide liability insurace aswell give them a try, if not try the
Freelance Hair and Beauty Federation i no they have fantastic tips fro setting up a business from home or as a mobile / freelance and can put you in touch with anyone you need for insurance e.t.c

Yes I also phoned up the Guild but the Liability only covered the same as Beauty Direct this being only when your client was sat in the treatment room of your house NOT when they were walking through your house.

To tell the truth on the phone the girl said I would be covered but then I emailed them asking this question once again and got an email back saying I would be only covered once I had my client in the treatment room of my house.

So if the client fell when going up or down stairs or in any other room other than the room where you were going to do the treatment you would not be covered.

So at the end of the day you get Liability and product but just in that once space of the house.

I am sure this has been bought up before.

Caz

wondernail said:
I am with The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists...who charge mega money for the insurance, but does include liability and product, I dont know about other providers. They are expensive I think I paid £80-90ish...which is a lot when you are just starting out. You get to put M.G.P.B.T after your name which is quite good, and you can use their logo on your adverts to show you are a member and I have had clients call me purely because they can see you are part of a guild and thus trust you more.

I am also looking to get some insurance as i want to do mobile. I am have just got my qualification in l&p so i will be doing this and i also wanted to do spray tanning (which most mobile seeem to want to do).

Anyway. (I am planning on doing my spray tan training and getting a certificate). I rang professional beauty to ask about insurance. she said it would be £34.50 for nails and £44 beatuy. I told her i wanted to do nails and spray tan and she said it would be £44. BUT....................... and this is a VERY annoying BUT, you have to have a qualification in beauty. i told her i did not want to do beauty just a spray tan but she said the contra indications blah blah blah blah so again i was not doing beauty so could not see the need to have this certificate as i would be covering any contras in my spray tan training.
I give up in the end but i thought how annoying!!!!!!!! I dont want the beauty just want the nails with a bit of spray tanning thrown in for good measure

Sorry to take over this thread just thought i would have a rant and tell you of my annoying call.

Oh this is not good I know a friend of mine got insurance for just Tanning but I am not sure why with but this was £100 a year!!!!! a lot of money. She did a day course for tanning and has a certificate.
Cax xxx

kizzycat said:
I am also looking to get some insurance as i want to do mobile. I am have just got my qualification in l&p so i will be doing this and i also wanted to do spray tanning (which most mobile seeem to want to do).

Anyway. (I am planning on doing my spray tan training and getting a certificate). I rang professional beauty to ask about insurance. she said it would be £34.50 for nails and £44 beatuy. I told her i wanted to do nails and spray tan and she said it would be £44. BUT....................... and this is a VERY annoying BUT, you have to have a qualification in beauty. i told her i did not want to do beauty just a spray tan but she said the contra indications blah blah blah blah so again i was not doing beauty so could not see the need to have this certificate as i would be covering any contras in my spray tan training.
I give up in the end but i thought how annoying!!!!!!!! I dont want the beauty just want the nails with a bit of spray tanning thrown in for good measure

Sorry to take over this thread just thought i would have a rant and tell you of my annoying call.

I'm with Professional Beauty and yes they are very reasonable. I've had no trouble at all with them. Go for it.

Anyone can offer certificates for Spray Tanning Training or anything else for that matter, but before you do any training make sure the insurance company will support the certificate you will be receiving. Sucessful training from Tantrick will result in a certificate being issued which is recognised by Professional Beauty Insurance & Woodgate and Partners. It costs about £44 per year, which I believe is only another £10 on top of Nail Insurance with the same company.

Julie Parkin said:
I'm with Professional Beauty and yes they are very reasonable. I've had no trouble at all with them. Go for it.

I rang professional beauty about insurance to do nail treatments in spain and they werent really that helpful! They said they didnt insure nail techs in spain and couldnt help me find out where i could get some from either! they basically said wait till i get there and now im at a loss as to what to do as i want to get to work as soon as i get there as much as possible!:confused:

Sorry rant over!

kaz

Latest posts

Back