Can We Learn From M&S?!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonilee

Reaction score
How many of you have bought those fabulous offers "2 Dine in for £10" from M&S, where you get to choose a main, a side, a dessert an a bottle of wine for a tenner....gorgeous quality food for a tenner bargain....

Can we bring this in to Beauty/Hair salons do you think? Pick so many treatments for a certain price? Im thinking probably not a tenner BUT looking at these meal deals, why are they so popular, cos its known quality, value for money and a really obvious good deal!!

What do you all think, is it something you would do in your business? What would you include?

I was thinking of pick 3 out of 6 treatments for £30 ....just havent decided which 6 :lol: Obviously these would be mini treatmments too.....

What do you think?

Im already doing this kind of offer pick 3 treatments for 30.00

Brow tint
Lash tint
Spray tan
Mini mani
Mini pedi

hths x

the hairdressers that I'm at was thinking of doing a special offer to incorporate all of us:

blowdry by specified person
file and polish by specified person
back massage by yours truly
£20

I think theirs already quite a few geeks that are implementing this already tonilee. Julie started a thread last summer about it after coming off a cruise and they had similar.

the secret to M&S is that it truly is very good in value for money, so I think our specials would have to be jaw-droppingly good.

Brow tint
Lash tint
Spray tan
Mini mani
Mini pedi

hths x

I tried this with exactly the same treatments but for those clients that hadn't had patch tests, I found I was having to spend money on 2 journeys to go and patch test them before hand.
I do try and patch test them all no matter what treatment they are having but cant do it to those that are having spray tans.
I guess it's good if you have the clients coming to you.
What I was thinking about doing is saying to them 'if you have a patch test now (whist doing them another treatment) then you can receive this offer next time' What do you think? :hug: xxx

I tried this with exactly the same treatments but for those clients that hadn't had patch tests, I found I was having to spend money on 2 journeys to go and patch test them before hand.
I do try and patch test them all no matter what treatment they are having but cant do it to those that are having spray tans.
I guess it's good if you have the clients coming to you.
What I was thinking about doing is saying to them 'if you have a patch test now (whist doing them another treatment) then you can receive this offer next time' What do you think? :hug: xxx

Ahh good point didnt think of that! I could get them to patch test when they come for their other two then they can have their tint whenever they want after that :hug:xx

what treatments do you all put in your pick and mix offer??

xx

I do a 'buy one area, get another half price' waxing on Wednesdays. I call it (innovatively enough!) Waxing Wednesday!

I did it because Wednesday was my quietet day, and its taken off well on word of mouth, and got me a fair few new clients!

Brow tint
Lash tint
Spray tan
Mini mani
Mini pedi

hths x

I would lose money on that deal though, whichever 3 treatments they chose.

Following on from an idea the other month, this is what I put together:

Simply choose any 2 treatments from the following list for just £32.00, saving up to £19.25
*Mini Manicure (worth £15.00)
*Mini Pedicure (worth £15.00)
*Mini Marine Facial (worth £23.00)
*Back, Neck & Shoulders Massage (worth £18.75)
*Chocolate Orange Back Massage (worth £24.75)
*Turkish Delight Back Massage (worth £24.75)
*Bounty Bar Back Massage (worth 24.75)
*Head, Neck & Shoulders Massage (worth £23.00)
*Paraffin Wax Hand & Foot Treatment (worth £25.00)
*Bali Heaven Exotic Spice Exfoliating Body Scrub (worth £26.50)

This has gone extremely well with a load of clients booking in for themselves & also their other halves. I don't see it as losing money because soooo many are spending money they wouldn't normally do :green:. Quite a lot have booked for the following month as well but having different treatments.

All in all it has been very worthwhile.

[quote=Cogsi;912553]*Chocolate Orange Back Massage (worth £24.75)
*[/quote]

Please elaborate!!!! These sound wonderful, how do you do them/what products do you use?! PM me if you like :)
xx

So are these going to be just any treatments or are they going to be the best treatments using the finest products with sumptuous smells and beautifully rich,decadent creams.:)

I already do this. 3 treatments for £35.

Hot stone taster, bns massage, mini facial, face & scalp massage, nail shape and polish, paraffin hand wax, eyebrow shape & tint, eyelash tint, thai leg & foot massage.

20 mins for each treatment - 1 hour of pampering. Win Win situation - client loves having three mini treatments (to them, they just see 3 treatments), my time is only an hour with minimum product useage. It has been a huge success and has also brought in lots of new clients. I am not discounting any products - I do not see how you can lose money!

[quote=Cogsi;912553]*Chocolate Orange Back Massage (worth £24.75)

Please elaborate!!!! These sound wonderful, how do you do them/what products do you use?! PM me if you like :)
xx[/quote]

Yes, these are wonderful treatments :), both to have done & to do.

We have the chocolate from Gerards (who no longer do small orders :cry:) and either do a straightforward chocolate massage, or, for the Turkish Delight we add a couple of drops of Rose & Geranium Essential Oil; Chocolate Orange is self explanatory; Bounty Bar is with the addition of coconut oil mmm

Very, very popular treatments :)

So are these going to be just any treatments or are they going to be the best treatments using the finest products with sumptuous smells and beautifully rich,decadent creams.:)

Can't speak for anyone else but all our treatments in the 2 for £32 are using the exact same products we usually use which are the finest, decadent products with sumptuous smells.

As already said, it is a WIN WIN as we get to fill up the appointment book with extra bookings we wouldn't have otherwise & clients get to try new things at a good price.

Obviously if you are in a position to be fully booked all day every day every week then there's no need to offer incentives for clients. I don't think many of us can say that though.

Sarah I love it and hope your out the door with a big q! I wonder if I could do the same with nails & tanning - nah dont have enough treatments. I did combine tan, french polish n lashes which is going ok.

Sarah I love it and hope your out the door with a big q! I wonder if I could do the same with nails & tanning - nah dont have enough treatments. I did combine tan, french polish n lashes which is going ok.

Thank you :). We don't do too badly but like a lot of others, could always be busier.

I think if you do more than just tanning and/or nails it's a lot easier to offer combinations of treatments.

It does get hard some months though trying to think of new packages & offers. Am working on my May newsletter atm but must admit I have struggled a bit with the content.

Then again I have been busy sorting stuff out for my other business venture Divas & Dudes so 'haps I shouldn't be too hard on myself, lol.

Cogsi, im off to the shop to get a bar of choccie after reading that!!!

Latest posts

Back