Can you draw snowflakes????????? I'm struggling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how to draw a simple snowflake design on a nail, especially one that's easy to do on little nails as well as adult sizes!

I'd show you mine but my goddam camera won't upload. :mad:

Any help or pics, tutorials, offers of popping round when my clients are here etc will be greatly appreciated!!

oooh... a while back (could have been ages ago lol) there was a pic on here with snowflakes on a nail... can't remember whose it was but I'm thinking it was Glo's (Glorsclaws), maybe try having a look in her gallery.
I did snowflakes on clients nails last xmas, basically I used a white acrylic paint, did a reasonable sized cross from top to bottom and left to right, then on the diagonal did a smaller cross, then on the bigger cross did little flicky things coming off the edges, popped a rhinestone in the middle, top coat and voila, an easyish nail design :D

...here's the link for Glo's snowflakes http://www.thenailgeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=2049&catid=searchresults&searchid=1067

there's more in the Christmas Nailart Gallery http://www.thenailgeek.com/gallery/browseimages.php?s=&do=jump&catid=516

Hi Sandi,

Thanks for the info,
I've just gone into the gallery & found Glo's - very pretty & Saraeaa or someone's lovely snowmen & snow flakes!, client's coming tomorrow at 2.15 so i'll get practising mid morning.

I've tried, but i seem to get to thick a line for my crosses & then the flicky bits at the end seem to melt into each other!! Need a finer detailer i think!:biggrin:

have you got a spare brush that could do with a haircut? I did that to one of my brushes, I'd doubled up by accident and gave it a trim, got a brush with only about half a dozen bristles and it's great for teenyweeny detail.
make sure your main painting is dry before doing the fiddly bits, hopefully it should stay seperate and melt together.

Yes, i have a couple of spares, i'll trim one and have a practise.

Your a star or should i say snowflake!:D

snowflake.gif

Draw a cross then draw a line going down through it, Next add 2 V shapes to each line.:wink2:

fab pic Lell...
i just had a thought... because no 2 snowflakes are the same if we mess up slightly we can tell our clients they have 'authentic' one of a kind snowflakes lol :D

ValencianNails said:
fab pic Lell...
i just had a thought... because no 2 snowflakes are the same if we mess up slightly we can tell our clients they have 'authentic' one of a kind snowflakes lol :D

Yep designer snowflakes lol

Lellipop said:
Yep designer snowflakes lol

Well there it is!

Designer snowflakes, how 'cool' .

Well miffed as just snapped my own thumb nail off looking for spare brushes!!!:(

:biggrin: Great pic lell by the way, thanks for that one XX

Bev Rose said:
Well miffed as just snapped my own thumb nail off looking for spare brushes!!!:(
you can blame me for your broken nail Bev :o

Not your fault Sandi, I cracked it last night waxing my daughters eyebrows! God knows how, but it just went & cracked slightly at the smile line.

I really hate the set i put on yesterday morning anyway, white tips ( yes i know CHEAT!!!!!) with a pink overlay:Scared: (OMG!) I have no excuses, only i need to take them off and get a grip on reality and my spare nail art brush! Then get some 'real' nails on!

Boo hoo :Scared: - I wanna be able to do snowflakes!
well i have the next best thing, got some stick on ones from nailtopia, they are lovely.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back