Can you use isopropyl alcohol on natural nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura alford

Reaction score
Can anyone help and tell me if it's okay to put isopropyl alcohol on natural nail to cleanse before applying shellac

Yes it's fine x

Do you know where you can buy this as I can't seem to find it anywhere

Thanks

Do you know where you can buy this as I can't seem to find it anywhere

Thanks

Sweet squared presuming you are a professional x

They have it at walgreens! I would get 90 % or higher. The higher the better! I also use it to remove the sticky layer when I am done with shellac and gel

You can buy it at your supermarket. You can use it to remove the inhibition layer too.

Oh this intrigues me.... So could you use isopropyl alcohol instead of a branded dehydrator/prep wipe? Thanks

Oh this intrigues me.... So could you use isopropyl alcohol instead of a branded dehydrator/prep wipe? Thanks

If you look at most brands, including ours you will find that the majority are Isopropyl Alcohol and maybe Acetone anyway- Including Scrubfresh so its not quite as special as some make out . The important thing is the QUALITY of the Isopropyl . Ours is 99% pure while others may be much less

Wait, so instead of me buying scrubfresh AND IPA, I only need IPA for both dehydrating the nail and wiping the tacky later off?!

Wait, so instead of me buying scrubfresh AND IPA, I only need IPA for both dehydrating the nail and wiping the tacky later off?!

I suggest you look at the ingredients first ;-)but yes that is what we sell our cleanser for and it is about 98% Isopropyl and 2% Acetone and can be used for both cleansing the nail and wiping the inhibition layer :)

You can but I would always use scrubfresh before applying onto the nail. It's far more effective for really cleaning the nail plate. It would be a complete waste of time if you then suffered service breakdown!

Vic x

You can but I would always use scrubfresh before applying onto the nail. It's far more effective for really cleaning the nail plate. It would be a complete waste of time if you then suffered service breakdown!

Vic x
Interested in why you say this . Scrubfresh is just Isopropyl and acetone and just under 1% of Butyl Acetate which is added for the smell. Its an honest question . I really am interested in why you think Scrubfresh is so much better
:) .

Interested in why you say this . Scrubfresh is just Isopropyl and acetone and just under 1% of Butyl Acetate which is added for the smell. Its an honest question . I really am interested in why you think Scrubfresh is so much better
:) .
Haha. Because that's what I've been told and like a good girl I've never questioned it. Maybe it's the acetone that makes the difference to ensure good adhesion. I know that Scrubfresh isn't good under gel 2 because of the acetone so I imagine it has a more dehydrating action prior to shellac or extensions where dehydration is really necessary.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha. Because that's what I've been told and like a good girl I've never questioned it. Maybe it's the acetone that makes the difference to ensure good adhesion. I know that Scrubfresh isn't good under gel 2 because of the acetone so I imagine it has a more dehydrating action prior to shellac or extensions where dehydration is really necessary.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app
Thank you for your answer . Well apart from the Butyl acetate ( which serves no real purpose ) the scrubfresh is no different at all to our cleanser and to quite a lot of other cleansers too.........That may well be what you have been told but i will leave you to draw your own conclusion now ;-)

Thank you for your answer . Well apart from the Butyl acetate ( which serves no real purpose ) the scrubfresh is no different at all to our cleanser and to quite a lot of other cleansers too.........That may well be what you have been told but i will leave you to draw your own conclusion now ;-)
Well like many on here, I use a system and scrub fresh is part of that system. I also use another system and use all the correct advised procedures and protocols for that system. I'm sure there are many other products on the market that are good but they are not sold by my suppliers not are they recommended by my suppliers. I mentioned scrubfresh by name as the previous poster had asked about it. If they are using shellac, they would be recommended to use scrubfresh pre application and dsperse for the inhibition layer - or we could all shop around and buy elsewhere, but I choose not to!

Vic x

I always used to buy nsi cleanse but looked at ingredients one day to read isopropyl alcohol and colouring [emoji15] so now I just buy IPA

Well like many on here, I use a system and scrub fresh is part of that system. I also use another system and use all the correct advised procedures and protocols for that system. I'm sure there are many other products on the market that are good but they are not sold by my suppliers not are they recommended by my suppliers. I mentioned scrubfresh by name as the previous poster had asked about it. If they are using shellac, they would be recommended to use scrubfresh pre application and dsperse for the inhibition layer - or we could all shop around and buy elsewhere, but I choose not to!

Vic x

Off track a tad, but I would just like to add, the same principal can be applied to all manner of services....
I'm a L'Oreal salon, using all branded product's supplied directly.
In theory, I could buy 'Joe Bloggs' shampoo by the gallon, to use at the basin, I could also buy a generic peroxide to mix with my L'Oreal tints .....etc etc......;)
This might save me some money, but it doesn't sit well with me.....I somehow feel I would be misleading the public, as my service would no longer be a 'L'Oreal' one! o_O

Latest posts

Back