Career changing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLovesTanning

Tanning ❤️
Reaction score
So over the last few weeks I've really had a deep thinking and chat with my family over my career.

I have been hairdressing 8 years and really established myself as one, however I LOVE beauty.

I am a spray tan tech 6 years and I love makeup, I am taking a few makeup courses to become a professional, although everyone always compliments my makeup.

To be great at makeup what should I do? I don't want to go to college as I've already done 2 years. I spoke to a girl in makeup forever, MAC and inglot and they said if you have a talent for makeup you need a few courses for confidence.

What do you think? I'm really serious about this and would love advice!

I've worked for a few well known make up brands you learn a lot from working on make up counters. You could get a job on a counter working part time. One guy I used to work with now works in TV and he was self taught. Watch videos on social media and practice as much as you can. If you wanted to do make up mobile you would need a certificate to get insurance. You can just do a short course for that. Good luck.

I've worked for a few well known make up brands you learn a lot from working on make up counters. You could get a job on a counter working part time. One guy I used to work with now works in TV and he was self taught. Watch videos on social media and practice as much as you can. If you wanted to do make up mobile you would need a certificate to get insurance. You can just do a short course for that. Good luck.

Excellent. Can you tell me what brands offer short courses?

I used to used Youngblood and they offer training courses

Excellent. Can you tell me what brands offer short courses?

Essex hair and make up academy

London school of fashion

London school of beauty therapy

Afom

Cassie lomas school of make up

Illamasqua

Essex hair and make up academy

London school of fashion

London school of beauty therapy

Afom

Cassie lomas school of make up

Illamasqua

In dublin...

I'm not from Dublin so don't know any. Have a google search

Ash ASU are launching their make up brand, training, products etc in the next couple of weeks. Check out their fb see what it all is?

Also look at FX makeup they have courses parting in malahide and Balbriggan I think

Latest posts

Back