Changing waxing therapists,Ingrowing hairs ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Does anyone think that if you change your regular therapist it could cause someone to have ingrowing hairs.
Ive recently started to wax someone who has had the same therapist for years and years.
I dont normally have a problem with my clients having an excess of ingrowing hairs but she suddenly has on her upper inside thighs.Its quite embarassing as i look incompetent.Now could this be change of wax or change of therapist hence technique.Or maybe just a coincidence.
when i say change of wax she has always had strip wax.

Does anyone think that if you change your regular therapist it could cause someone to have ingrowing hairs.
Ive recently started to wax someone who has had the same therapist for years and years.
I dont normally have a problem with my clients having an excess of ingrowing hairs but she suddenly has on her upper inside thighs.Its quite embarassing as i look incompetent.Now could this be change of wax or change of therapist hence technique.Or maybe just a coincidence.
when i say change of wax she has always had strip wax.

I dont think that changing your regular therapist would cause someone to have ingrowing hairs. These can be avoided if you are following the correct aftercare advice however you still can sometimes get the odd one.

If you were not having problems before then I really dont think it is anything that you are doing wrong. Is she exfoliating over that area inbetween appointments and how is she exfoliating - a mitt, loofah etc

After 24-48 hours exfoliate the skin to prevent the dead skin from accumulating in areas that can become ingrown. I find that the following areas are sometimes pront to ingrowns if aftercare is not followed - bikini line, upper thighs, underarms and calves.

Try to avoid wearing tight clothing over freshly waxed areas to minimize the risk of irritation and ingrown hairs as well but im sure that you know this and have passed this on to the client.

PFB is great for ingrown hairs, razor & waxing bumps and is for men & women.

Dont beat yourself up over it as you are a experienced therapist and this could just be a coincidence.

What wax are you using is it a strip wax.

Hope this helps Gillian

If your clients don't usually get ingrowns then it's not you. If she's new to you, maybe she isn't being 100% honest about how long she's had them.

Are you sure they're ingrown and not just hairs that are worn down by her legs rubbing together?

You could always try non strip wax just on her inner thighs to see if it helps. xxx

Thankyou for your help.A couple of fresh minds on the case has given me a few ideas.
I am thinking now that maybe she isnt exfoliating as she should and as often as she has done in the past.She had a baby about 5 months ago so obviously has a lot less time to herself.
Also a few months ago she started to go to the gym so now i am thinking maybe it is rubbing from the bike and sweating.

Just out of curiosity - did she say why she changed therapist?

Latest posts

Back