Client record cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancslass

Reaction score
Can any one tell me what they say to they clients when they ask why they have to sign for the treatment they have had as i dont want to say "its for insurance reasons "as it sounds bad.......

I go through the client record card with them, and we come to an agreed treatment plan i.e. acrylic nails, short rounded with french (whatever), that way we have made an agreement that when I am finished she is not gonna say oh i thought they would be longer and squarer blah blah..... I also briefly tell her that the maintenance will be in 2-3 weeks and why and write that date down (you got them coming back then already).
So, then I sign and date it and pass it to her and say, please can you sign our treatment plan.
Also, just for safety I go over the contra indications that she has checked and I reask for allergies etc etc.... I initial here and sign too.
They don't ask, it is self explanitory why I do it .... I am checking their health - and if they did question it, well I would just say to them is there any reason they don't want to sign our agreement.

Hth x

I always give a client their consultation form to look through while i set up, and then go through it with them as well. I have never been asked to be honest why they have to do it. I always just say to them that i need this information to make sure i give them a good service and also for insurance purposes.

Normally giving them this answer actually reassures them that you are a serious professional tech, i certainly haven't had anyone think it sounds bad. I think its a good thing to say when you're with a client.:)

they are supposed to sign again after the treatment as well or your insurance is invalid

lancslass said:
they are supposed to sign again after the treatment as well or your insurance is invalid
are they? I am only going on what I have learnt/read so I can't comment on that.... where did you hear that? what if the nail polish is drying? lol.... well if that is the case then say to them please sign here to agree the treatment and then afterwards, ask if they are happy (which they will be) and say, would you please complete our treatment by signing here to say you are happy with my service thanx v much..... wheres ya cash? lol

lancslass said:

I don't know about that Lisa, but I always say to me ladies that signing the consultation sheet is so that I have explained the treatment, the aftercare advice adn it's for insurance purposes and I've never heard one complaint yet. I get compliments from all my new ladies on how professional it is and it makes them feel that little more confident about the treatment.

xxxx

When i did my l+p convertion in manchester Debbie Easter told us and we where all shocked as none of us did this

I have never heard of this at all. As long as you have sorted out a treatment plan, have noted down how your clients nails are before you first did them and make sure you have records of all subsequent treatments then you are covered by your insurance should anything go wrong.

They should sign the agreement before anything is done, on their first visit. There's no need to sign anything afterwards, besides, how do you prove they signed before of after the treatment.

so if i dont get clients to fill in a record card then insurance is invalid ( i do get them to fill them in by the way)

where can i get a sample of a consultation form?

perfect ten said:
where can i get a sample of a consultation form?

Cesars secrets gave me mine I am sure if you ask them nicely they will give you one ( ask for Jackie) as they said I could use theres and photocopy it.
they explained how important it was to fill one out etc etc and did not want us to go away and not do one.

Oh I forgot the number is
0161 286 3515:o​

thank you I'll give them a call in the morning

talented talons said:
I have never heard of this at all. As long as you have sorted out a treatment plan, have noted down how your clients nails are before you first did them and make sure you have records of all subsequent treatments then you are covered by your insurance should anything go wrong.

They should sign the agreement before anything is done, on their first visit. There's no need to sign anything afterwards, besides, how do you prove they signed before of after the treatment.

the clients signature on their first visit signifies that the client understands the treatment she is going to have and has disclosed any known allergies etc. Every appointment should also be dated along side the treatment (infils,new set any problems etc) the client also signs this after every appointment. this is Your only proof that the client was happy with the service provided and products used if she should comeback with any complaints.

i get clients to sign form when doing inital assessment and after each treatment, this is so that when i ahve advised somehtigna dn written it down they cant say they didnt know and also to agree they were happy with thier treatment.

A client consultation card is the way to get to know your client...
Their likes and dislikes, what homecare regime are they follwing now if any, the type of enhancements or nails service they have had in the past, contra indications come to light, previous Nail service problems,Medication they might have to take and the reasons for it i.e. Beta Blockers then you know they have a health problem, previous Nail disorders,their activity level, sporty, home gal, Mum with kids..there favorite enamel colours or French polish, all this information will determin your service.....They sign this at the end of the consultation which means they are in agreement to the mutal decided service....
I downloaded a copy from Designer Nails NVQ section and adapted it a little to fit in with my Services......

Nailsinlondon1 said:
A client consultation card is the way to get to know your client...
Their likes and dislikes, what homecare regime are they follwing now if any, the type of enhancements or nails service they have had in the past, contra indications come to light, previous Nail service problems,Medication they might have to take and the reasons for it i.e. Beta Blockers then you know they have a health problem, previous Nail disorders,their activity level, sporty, home gal, Mum with kids..there favorite enamel colours or French polish, all this information will determin your service.....They sign this at the end of the consultation which means they are in agreement to the mutal decided service....
I downloaded a copy from Designer Nails NVQ section and adapted it a little to fit in with my Services......
Ruth is anyone able to download and adapt this info from the above mentioned NVQ section?

:?: When doing a client colsoltation, can you do thier nails straight away, or do you ask them to book another appointment?:|
Liddy xxx
PS and what happens if they do have a heart problem, or something.

lids pinkies said:
:?: When doing a client colsoltation, can you do thier nails straight away, or do you ask them to book another appointment?:|
Liddy xxx
PS and what happens if they do have a heart problem, or something.
You do the consultation at the appointment prior to starting the service.

Latest posts

Back