Client refusing to pay last instalment of her course, newbie geek, HELP??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rococo

Reaction score
:twisted:A client booked a course of crystal clear microdermabrasion when I offered her a £50 discount, pay in 4 x £75 installments, plus i matched the internet price for the associated products; cleanser, toner moisturiser. She had 7 treatments out of 10, all paid for, each appointment she re-arranged and we accomodated her as best we could. On the 8th appointment, she had booked an indian head massage aswell as the 8th treatment (where she was due to pay the remaining £75). She rang the morning of the appointment saying she couldnt afford the indian head massage and could she change the crystal clear appointment to the afternoon. Again, we said yes, and booked it for 3pm, she said she would try to make it. We asked her to ring by 1pm if she couldnt make it, no phone call, and she did not appear. We knew she had the day off and was having her hair extensions done, so i rang and left her a message reminding her we have a 50% cancellation charge for cancellations within 48 hrs. I said we wouldn't charge her on this occasion, but she must come in that week for her crystal clear treatment to ensure the treatment worked. She rang and said she wasn't happy with what i had said and she would never use us again, and wanted a refund on the part of the course she had taken. I sent her a letter stating she had no right to refund, in fact, she owed us £75 as she had verbally agreed to complete the course. She has phoned again and refuses to pay. i have told her to send me a letter confirming this, and i will take further action. Its going to cost me £50 to take her to the small claims court, with no guarantee of payment. Sorry for long winded story, any help VERY gratefully received!!:sad:

Hi ,Im new to this site was just looking through and saw your message. That was unfair of that client to do that and I think you did everything right. Maybe she was just trying to get out of paying for the last of her treatment. It amazes me how clients can mess you about like this when your tying to run a business. What was the outcome of it in the end? Hope everyhing got sorted.

I don't think it costs that much to take someone to small claims court, I think it's about £25. Anyway, it would be worth it to imagine her face when the court papers come through her door! It may shock her into paying. Either way, she has to respond otherwise she'll still get a county court judgment against her if she doesn't.

Latest posts

Back