Clients and staff smoking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hello all hope your all well!?

Can I ask you where you allow clients and staff to smoke around the salon and how do you feel about it?

I personally really hate it but I understand it's something beyond my control, I dislike clients smoking out side my front door the most and then clients walking through a cloud of smoke after a fresh blowdry!

I have a staff member who smokes out the back and it always wafts in

Is there anywhere more suitable you can ask clients to smoke? Where do they put their cigarette butts when they are smoking outside the front door.? Can you put something there in the way to stop them like an A-Board or big plant/box tree? Sign to say please don't smoke by the door? With your Staff member, I would just tell them to stand somewhere it isn't wafting in, they probably can't smell it. I used to smoke you don't realise how much it smells until you stop!

I would say no lol I hate the smell so they can wait till their service is over.

Whatever about clients....but staff I would defiantly have a policy that under no circumstances is there any smoking outside the door.

If they want to smoke then simply ask them when they are on there lunch break to go for a stroll down the road a bit and have a smoke then.

I'm my opinion it look very unprofessional to smoke outside the salo if you work there. And also ask staff to have a spray of perfume to get rid of the smell....the reason I say this is a previously had a client come to me from another well known nail tech and said she could simply not stick the smell of smoke of this lady when she was doing her nails....and she would also vet up mid treatment to leave the client to go for a quick one. Lol I'm my opinion is is absolutely ridiculous. But that's what your up against. I gained a client due to this so I'm my opinion it definitely matters.

I would but a small sign on the door or near the door just saying you would be grateful if clients refrained from smoking right out side the entrance to the salon.

I wouldn't like to be walking through a cloud of smoke to get into any salon.

Lol that's so funny cause when I worked in a high end hair salon we had clients come in some of which actually asked for non smoking stylists! Lol and those who smoked had to wash their hands after every smoke and take a mint!

It's actually mad how much some people dislike the smell of it....i don't smoke myself but my partner does and I absolutely hate the smell of it ha....

And I definitely agree if you have someone sitting in front of you or working behind you and there clothes and hands stink it isn't nice.

I worked with girls who smoked and at break they literally would have one...eat a pack of chewing gums and cover them selves in perfume before going back in ha I used to laugh cz our boss would always still know...she didn't have a problem she would just be skirting them saying oh putting away again ha

I totally agree ladies thanks for the support I thought I was Just being an opinionated div

Latest posts

Back