Clients asking for advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanyaMackie

Reaction score
Hello, I work for myself and have done for 2 years now. I have built up a large client base however a couple of clients have caught on to the whole social media thing of doing it yourself.

One client text me asking how to tint brows and I found myself explaining why she needed peroxide as well as tint. Followed by giving her mixing colours and timing advice.

Then another brought herself some hot wax and a heater and text me photos of it all asking what temperate she should put it on etc and what wax to use for what bits!

I love offering advice and sharing my knowledge but I don’t know how to tell them that it is inappropriate to ask me these things as I’m losing myself clients.

Any advice?

I wouldn't offer them any advice. That's what training is for. That's madness!

Although the reality is that many people do now try and do their own treatments, I would recommend that they are carried out by a professional using professional products, especially things like tinting which comes with risks - did she tint test first? There's a reason why we go through training, have exams, receive qualifications and need insurance to do such treatments. I wouldn't give them the advice to be honest as it could come back and haunt you if something they did went wrong.

My sister bought a cheap gel kit from Boots and I have no qualms with her doing it herself but even she admits that it takes her 2 hours and then only lasts 5 days! I do my own waxing but even I prefer someone else to do it, so I can't imagine her first attempt with hot wax going very well!

I always say I cannot offer advice on products that I don't use or apply myself as I don't want to be blamed if something goes wrong

Perfect. Thanks girls. I will do so in future xx

Latest posts

Back