clients with damaged nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle g

Reaction score
I have been getting a lot of clients recently from an nss salon in my area, their nails are really damaged and want me to put new sets of nail enhancements on them, i have actually refused to do some of them because the damage was so bad.and offered to do manicures instead. Am i right in doing this? i don't want to do enhancements and people think that i was the one who caused all that damage to their nails.i don't know what to do.

I know what you mean and would offer the same to these clients if their nails were so damaged. They need to recover and have plenty of TLC with manicures and cuticle oil etc. The other side of it is, you can offer to do enhancements but say they will have to be at a practical length so they won't put the nails under any undue pressure. This way you can show them what nails should look like and get them back to a healthy strength and look.

Our job is to HELP these ladies.

Manicures are lovely, but will not reduce or hide the damage while the lumps and bumps and 'rings of fire' grow out.

Our job is to HELP them. Enhance them.

Coat their nails with a thin layer or 2 of gel to at least give them an even surface and make the nails look attactive so they need'nt feel self conscious about how they look.

Wraps are also a perfect solution to the uneven damaged nail plate, and soak off very quickly when you want to remove them.

Make them look pretty and send them on their way with a new appointment for 2 weeks time.

I have had a few ex-nss clients too...and some of there nails have been a right mess...thing is the damage has already been done...you are not going to be able to fix them...and you wont be making them any worse either by enhancing them. All you can do is cover the mess until the damage grows out...keep them very short and tidy...if the nails are so bad that you feel tips are unsuitable then a nno in either system would work well. xx

is that salons that have untrained people working there or something

In my opinion its nothing to do with training....they may have had training but its whether that training was any good or if they stick to what they have been taught..they basically just have no standards...unlabled products, unclean, no care or concern etc.

Any one can be a nss. Cutting corners on prep, not sanatising, using files and equipment incorrectly causing damamge these are all contributing factors. Some people can get confused with the term and automatically think it applies only to salons that do the above when it applies to mobile too.

louge said:
Any one can be a nss. Cutting corners on prep, not sanatising, using files and equipment incorrectly causing damamge these are all contributing factors. Some people can get confused with the term and automatically think it applies only to salons that do the above when it applies to mobile too.

absolutely x

Latest posts

Back