Colour removers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eloise

Reaction score
I need a colour remover as my client wants to go a light pink but is currently a plum colour, it is a semi permanent colour we've been using so hopefully shouldn't be too bad to come out, it is also prelightened on the ends of her hair, could anyone recommend a good one that's not too harsh on the hair? I use wella at the salon but i dont mind what brand it is.

If it's a direct dye semi, you need to use a remover formulated for direct dyes. Joico do one. You could also try a clear tint plus 6%. Whatever you do, don't use bleach as this is likely to cause it to stain the cuticle layer and then you're stuffed.

If it's an oxidised colour, then a colour reducer might be better.

After removing the colour, you need to lighten the hair to pale yellow, then tone before applying a light pink, otherwise any yellow tinge will turn it to a coral pink rather than a soft baby pink.

This is definitely a case for lowering the client's expectations as getting pastel colours to look beautifully even over previously bleached/coloured hair isn't easy and really depends on the hair you're working with. How porous it is after removing the current colour, etc.

It's not a direct dye, I used wella colour touch 44/65 on roots into a lighter and brighter shade on midlengths, she last had it done about 8 weeks ago so has faded a bit but not loads what would you recommend for a colour reducer? It's my mum's hair so she's more understanding, I know it will have to be very light and toned first, she's having it cut really short aswell so will cut a lot of it out but will mostly be the darker colour left.

Affinage has a good colour reducer :)

Iv seen a lot of people say that but can't find anywhere to buy it! Do you know where i can get it from?

What about mild lightener?4:1 Pastel developer:BLONDOR and even add conditioner if you want to dilute further

Eugene Perma- Solaris Demaq Compact Color Remover is my go to. You can mix it with h20 for a milder effect & or any vol of developer for needed strength.Hair is left in good enough condition to bleach afterwards. I went from a black box dye to a lv.8N/8.0 with firstly removing then bleaching with 30vol.

Have you got a salon services or hairways near you? I've also used the goldwell one and found that really good :)

Yes I have a salon services near me so will have a look there, thankyou!

Rusk Elimin8 always works amazing on removing oxidised colour!

Latest posts

Back