Colour/toner will not stick on blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L00

Reaction score
I am a hairdresser myself but this is a question regarding my own hair. My hair is around a level 10 and I cannot get any toner to stick to my hair. I don't want to go darker but within 2 washes it's yellow again.

Any suggestions as me and my hairdresser have tried numerous things. We done a lilac root drag on Saturday and toned the ends a silver blonde using swartzkopf colour and it is out already. Tried using Wella products but also will not stick. It is so brassy and yellow and so annoying

Sounds like it's probably too damaged if the colour washes straight out.

Try fudge toning shampoo, a lot of my clients use it, once you've used it a few times it grabs to the hair and acts like a tona.

Sounds like it's probably too damaged if the colour washes straight out.

This is my own hair. It's just been cut from below my collar bone to my hairline into a graduated Bob. Even on the roots which has been lifted once and another colour applied it will not stick. It's been this way since I had my son. No colours will stick or even go the colour they're meant to. But more so in the last year it's proving difficult to get anything stuck to it xx

What brand and colour are you using?

Sounds like you could have to tone twice a week use a purple shampoo also and maybe leave the toner on longer

What are you using on it? Or what are you trying to achieve if you don't mine me asking?
Have you tries wella colour fresh? That a proper semi , goes on like a shampoo,it may be worth a try?

Sounds like you could have to tone twice a week use a purple shampoo also and maybe leave the toner on longer
Purple shampoo doesn't seem to be taking out the yellow..... I have tried loreal and the swartzkopf shampoo

What are you using on it? Or what are you trying to achieve if you don't mine me asking?
Have you tries wella colour fresh? That a proper semi , goes on like a shampoo,it may be worth a try?
Tried swartzkopf toners and also tried using wella as well. Preferably wanting some kind of ash blonde. Just need the yellow out. Haven't tried the colour fresh in a while actually. Possibly worth trying again but wasn't great last time I used it. Took out the worst but unfortunately the same kind of yellow shining through life.

I'm at my wits end with my own hair lol

If an oxidising colour isn't working, you could try using a purple direct dye and mixing it to the shade you want. You can pastel-ize a direct dye by adding white conditioner to it to make it a lilac colour. Try it on a small patch first until you're happy with it.
If your hair is damaged, it will likely stain it but then that's what you want it to do, in your case.
Be wary of using purple direct dyes that are too pinky and definitely not crazy colour as this always washes out green.

This is my hair on Saturday when it was freshly done with swartzkopf and today after 2 washes! Yellow again....
Collage 2017-03-23 20_18_12.jpg

You could have diluted the toner too much tone twice a week?

The layers are some what damaged at the ends as I've been growing them out and they haven't been cut for a while. The back of my hair is basically good condition. It's thick. Doesn't have build up on it. Cut to the hairline. And that's not even taking. The roots have been lifted once and they won't take either. I really don't want to be having to put colour on my hair every week if I can avoid it. I literally got 2 washes from getting my hair done at the weekend. We mixed the colours same way as we always would. When we tried wella to tone we mixed 1:2 using pastel.

I usually tone with L'Oreal dialight 10.21 or 10.22 with 10 vol for 1 min try it!

Have you tried fanola no yellow shampoo? Or fudge purple shampoo?

Have you tried fanola no yellow shampoo? Or fudge purple shampoo?
I have not but I have heard about fanola. Totally forgot about that. I'll need to give them a go x thanks

That's okay :) everyone raves about it :)

Who makes fanola? Never heard of it. I love to try new products

The company is fanola :) google it

Latest posts

Back