Company with similar name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering about this, too. What on earth are they after? It seems a lot of effort on their part to try and get someone to change their business name.

There is another salon about 10 miles away from mine with the same name. We very occasionally get phone calls for them - as I'm sure they do for us. I have their number and just pass it on. I have no problem doing this and their business doesn't affect mine. C'est la vie :)

I really don't know. Their trademark is registered in class 03 (hair/beauty products) as well as class 44 (hair/beauty services) and I believe that they mentioned something about commencing an advertising campaign on national radio in the not so distant future too from what I can gather from talking to the other Sassy salons so far. Yet I cannot see how what appears to be a small limited company with two directors who probably only currently own one salon would have either the need or the resources to do that. To my mind, it does not make sense.

Ruth

You should definitely business expense a jaunt up to Liverpool to come to see us! I'll business expense our lunch (liquid or otherwise), feel free to bring your lovely other half.

xx

Ruth

You should definitely business expense a jaunt up to Liverpool to come to see us! I'll business expense our lunch (liquid or otherwise), feel free to bring your lovely other half.

xx

LOL, I could only do that if I had legitimate business reasons to be coming up to Liverpool. But that doesn't mean to say that I can't just put some diesel in the van and come up anyway though, business or otherwise :)

I just want to add that, on talking to a solicitor, this sort of thing happens lots! It is well worth protecting your business name if possible.
Ruth has been amazing with this. It really was very distressing to receive this type of communication in any circumstance, let alone when you have a seriously ill family member and other stresses going on as well! Ruth is my hero lol:lol:

I just want to add that, on talking to a solicitor, this sort of thing happens lots! It is well worth protecting your business name if possible.
Ruth has been amazing with this. It really was very distressing to receive this type of communication in any circumstance, let alone when you have a seriously ill family member and other stresses going on as well! Ruth is my hero lol:lol:

On top of that, you can't have random companies telling your clients that they have to take their websites down. It's bad for business!

LOL, I could only do that if I had legitimate business reasons to be coming up to Liverpool. But that doesn't mean to say that I can't just put some diesel in the van and come up anyway though, business or otherwise :)

I'm sure there'll be legitimate business discussion at some point :wink2:

I'm sure there'll be legitimate business discussion at some point :wink2:

LOL, I like the sound of that! I should have been doing my accounts tonight but ended up doing more private detective work on this case, and have been throwing my credit card at a website called Credit Gate, Companies House, Business credit checks, Company Formations, instantly online. where you can buy credit reports on companies and their directors, which has thrown up some more interesting stuff...

Total known number of businesses who have received this letter is now 5.

Latest posts

Back