Competition Help - Please!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Glynis*

Gooner Geek
Reaction score
OK, I've tried just about every red polish on the market now!! Nothing completely covers white tips. Can you do the hand that is to be painted in natural tips and the other one in white tips? Would this could against you in terms of consistency??? :eek:

Hi there, I have always done the painted hand natural and the french on the other. Although I have never been marked down for this i am not sure what they are looking for in the competition you are entering. Good luck though.

did you try cnd company red?? Not sure if i read it somewhere that that is what is used in comps

glynis said:
OK, I've tried just about every red polish on the market now!! Nothing completely covers white tips. Can you do the hand that is to be painted in natural tips and the other one in white tips? Would this could against you in terms of consistency??? :eek:

Yes babe you can, I have read the rules and Alex confirmed this too, you can use any tip you like, so use natural or clear for the painted hand.........

We used to also do this, Company red one coat, and then use Candy apply for the second coat....this covers nicely.................
Also make sure you have used the bottles a few times, I always paint about 5 sets with a new bottle and then it is just perfect...........sort of gets the brush used to fan out nicely ......
HTH

oooohhhh i think i might try that i have a cuople of new bottles of both candy apple and company red......not that i am entering any comps but i like to put the piccies in my portfolio hehe!!

Thank you all very very much. I can sleep tonight now!! I have both Company Red and Candy Apple plus about a million others :rolleyes:

I said to my twelve year old boy last night that I was nervous about the whole thing. He said "Do you think you will come absolutely last?" I said I didn't think so. He said "Well what's the problem then, you should just do it".

Hopefully, I won't know if I come "absolutely last" :biggrin:

glynis said:
Thank you all very very much. I can sleep tonight now!! I have both Company Red and Candy Apple plus about a million others :rolleyes:

I said to my twelve year old boy last night that I was nervous about the whole thing. He said "Do you think you will come absolutely last?" I said I didn't think so. He said "Well what's the problem then, you should just do it".

Hopefully, I won't know if I come "absolutely last" :biggrin:

Hi babe,
You know what, even if you came absoluty last, we still love ya xxx
Because you are going for it and having your nails examined by the best in the bizz, will give you so much more than hopefully a trophy..........Feedback on your skills, the best one to one critic you will ever get..........Your scoresheet will read like a personal teaching guide, it will show you your strong points, but will also pin point your weaknesses........I read mine now and again and boy does it make some interesting reading lmfao.........
Glynis love,
You are doing it, unfamiliar enviroment, time pressure, striving for absolut perfection.....This takes guts babe......... and you got plenty of that !!!!!!

So go girl go xxxx and yes your son is absolutly right xxxx

well said Ruth

wish i had the guts to go for it!

good luck Glynis

Good luck Glynis - you will be fine. You have more guts than I would ever have - maybe one day LOL.

Thank you all again. You are all fantastic. Ruth you are mega!!

Hope to meet some of you for a quick (single and early) drink on Sunday night in the Hilton. I know Clare will be there. Anyone else?

Best of luck Glynis and remember the old saying its not the winning its the taking part :biggrin:
Have fun and enjoy the experience :Love:

Good luck to all entering next week. Hopefully we will all have a good time.

I won't be there this weekend but I will be thinking of you all - good luck to everyone that is entering the competitions, enjoy it and take loads of pics!!!! ;)

I will add my camera to my list Chris - its got a function on it that counteracts handshake :D

glynis said:
I will add my camera to my list Chris - its got a function on it that counteracts handshake :D

LOL - going by your replies on another thread you will need to have the zoom function as well - it might be a long way from the toilets!!!!!! :D

Good luck you will do ok. :hug:

Good Luck...Have fun...It'll be a buzz, even if you come last, which I seriously doubt you will!

I won't be there because I am skint. I have spent all my money on Creative skill building courses, a Spa day and an airbrush kit and course with Jaquie Jefford...

I wish I was going though!!

Hey, I am entering for the experience. And what if we were in the last two. :Scared: You know what - when your down the only way is up and use the score sheet to bring yourself up. :smack:

N2D4

N2D4 said:
Hey, I am entering for the experience. And what if we were in the last two. :Scared: You know what - when your down the only way is up and use the score sheet to bring yourself up. :smack:

N2D4

Good luck N2D4 (sorry I couldn't find your name!) I see from your profile that you have entered comps before and came 3rd on your first try :green: Well done. I am sure you will do another fantastic job at the weekend. Have fun.

Latest posts

Back