Complete Salon Managment Software solutions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Integrity salon software offers what you are after, apointments, stock control, databases, daily reports, payroll software, point of sale etc etc. No idea on price. HTHs:)

We have recently had Premier Spa Software installed.So far, so good. I believe that it offers all functions that you are after. Seems very user friendly, and Premier Software seem very helpful and have done everything that we have needed of them. Also has good marketing facilities. We are able to send personalised appointment reminders and special offers by text service, gift voucher tracking and lots of other good features.

I use salon Iris and it does control sunbeds. I have found it an amazing peice of software and the support is second to none. They are constantly upgrading it and it really is very user friendly. Salon Iris gets my vote. Hope this helps ya.
How much did your full package cost?
Is there a subscription fee?
Did you rent equip from them or buy your own or buy there stuff?

thanks

How much did your full package cost?
Is there a subscription fee?
Did you rent equip from them or buy your own or buy there stuff?
The whole system costs about £4000 but I have taken it out on a 3 year hire agreement which translates to a very affordable £150 odd per month. This is for the entire system tho, computer, software, cash drawer, reciept printer, keyboard, ect. They even sorced a special top loading cash drawer for smaller keyboard for me to spec. Its a Dell system which I believe to be one of the best in the business.

There is a guy who works there who is undeniably THE most helpfull man on the planet! He doesn't give u the sales pitch, just the facts and like I said, the customer service is awesome...they are always a phone call away. His name is Andy (I think)..lol But seriously mate, give them a call or check out their website Salon Iris salon management software for all Hair Beauty Tanning Nail Bar and Day Spas

Hi Jom,
did you ever find a salon software??

If so which one did you go for??

Lizzy :wink2:

Hi, I didn't buy any software

I made my own rough database that we will eventually use - ATM it's still paper based.
When we use our database I'll probably get an access programmer to tweak and add to it to be honest it's all simple stuff to them.

Hi all
:lol:
I looked at iris, but it just looked way too complicated. So I carried on looking when I came across Platinum. I got a 60 day demo and as soon as I installed it I was taken back by its simplicity of use. Even the computer novice can feel confident within the day.

The day to day booking system is so easy and effective to use. I can now know everything about my business in the click of a button. I have had it installed for 3 months and it has already changed the efficiency of my business. Effective marketing options are endless with platinum. And as a business owner the management reports to which there over 150 are invaluable. They tell you everything about what is going on.

The full system cost me £1800, WITH NO MONTHLY PAYMENTS, which got me the software, computer, touchsreen, till, receipt printer. This is a one off payment, which is amazing as many of the other software’s I looked at had hidden monthly costs.

The support I have received since setting up has been immense. All my question have been answered and the nerdy technical stuff is all taken care of for you.

All in all I thou rely recommend it to anyone.
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/32908-complete-salon-managment-software-solutions-2.html

I look after the business side of my son's salon and have recently found a great system. It is american and subsequently instead of a pound sign it is necessary to get used to seeing a dollar sign. It is only the emblem, you don't have to work in dollars! The appointment book is easy to operate and there are a considerable number of reports readily available. The price represents really good value for money; it is only 100 dollars, about £53. There are no monthly fees to pay and no other costs. I downloaded it from their website to my home computer and played with it for a couple of weeks.It was possible to do this because they allow you 30 days to try it out before buying. They offer e-mail support which worked for me really well when I had a small query. I stronly recommend this software.
The website is as follows:- Affordable Salon software at $99.95 - Salon Software
I found it through Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com a well respected site that reviews software having tried it out. I have written a review which is posted on that site.

Give me a few months and I'll hopefully have "Salon Alchemy" designed and working - it will be a Java-based salon management system that will come in both stand-alone and Web versions. It will have a big advantage too - if you want it to do something in particular, then just ask me, and then (as long as it's technically possible) it shall be so :)

Will it do SMS marketing, Ruth?
What kind of CRM functionality will it have?
:)

Will it do SMS marketing, Ruth?
What kind of CRM functionality will it have?

By SMS functionality, I guess you mean sending text messages? That would be dependent on finding a suitable SMS gateway and writing an interface to it (probably with SOAP and web services). That would need a bit more research.

In terms of CRM functionality, I am certainly hoping to implement a Web interface where clients can log on via the salon's web site and book appointments online - is there anything else you would want the software to do? Am familiar with CRM applications - I used to work a fair bit with Chordiant and BroadVision.

I'd like some business intelligence too (hey, a girl can ask!)
I'd like to know which product sells the best, the worst, most mark up, most often performed services, seasonal trends etc.
*runs and hides*

I'd like some business intelligence too (hey, a girl can ask!)
I'd like to know which product sells the best, the worst, most mark up, most often performed services, seasonal trends etc.
*runs and hides*

Why run and hide? That is why we have databases! Then it's a (relatively) simple matter of designing queries to pull in the relevant data and trends from the database and display them in an informative, user-friendly report.

I like your style, by the way :)

what about content management? webstats? site analytics?
Shall I stop now!?

Ha ha, have thought of that already!

For the sites I'm already doing for some of the geeks, there's an admin page where you can log on and update content (e.g. price lists, gallery images etc).

I also run Webalizer web stats on my server, and am working on my own super duper web stats analytics system called "Big Brother" lol... it's already storing a myriad of data into an XML database - just needs me to write some XQueries and a nice front end to it now lol...

So many ideas, so little time!

And I'd like a trigger where it sends an email to my clients if they haven't been for x weeks/months. And a birthday email and present (say, 10% off, or a free treatment if they've had more than x treatments, or spent more than x pounds with me)
I'd like a supplier list too, and an inventory, with triggers for when stock gets below x amount.
And now I know I'm asking for the moon on a stick but I'd like TAPI too!
I'd like reminders for things like insurance too.
There. Do you need a lie down in a darkened room yet?!

And I'd like a trigger where it sends an email to my clients if they haven't been for x weeks/months. And a birthday email and present (say, 10% off, or a free treatment if they've had more than x treatments, or spent more than x pounds with me)
I'd like a supplier list too, and an inventory, with triggers for when stock gets below x amount.
And now I know I'm asking for the moon on a stick but I'd like TAPI too!
I'd like reminders for things like insurance too.
There. Do you need a lie down in a darkened room yet?!

Telephone Application Programming Interface! Wow, I just Googled that.

Sounds like you want Jupiter and all its moons on a stick lol.

I guess one day it might do all that - probably not initially though! Was thinking of designing a robust basic system with a good object oriented architecture and building on top of that...

And for the salon owners, is there going to staff management functionality too?

And for the salon owners, is there going to staff management functionality too?

Wow, if I was the owner of a bigger software firm, I'd be giving you a job as a Business Analyst like a shot!!!

If I were a salon owner I would want separate categories of my contacts: clients, staff, suppliers, legal, commercial etc.
I would want my staff to be able to login and see certain views only dependent upon their function. I would want to be able to delegate certain functions too, like staff rotas, supplier management, training schedule. I'd want to be able to do my staff appraisals via it, and set objectives that are visible only to certain pertinent staff. If I were so inclined perhaps I would want the staff to see the KPIs so that they can feel part of the success of the salon. I would want to manage my client feedback via it too, with a function whereby clients can compete feedback online, truly anonymously if they prefer.

Latest posts

Back