Contracts for self employed within my salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi cou
Hi Kim,

For the salon's self employed therapists I have a contract of service - happy to PM a template for you to look at x[/QUOTE
Hi could I also see a copy please.. Would really appreciate knowing how this works! Thanks

I may have one for you guys. If you pm me your email addresses I will try n forward the contract to you when I get home. It's for self employed hair stylist I think it can be tweaked for chair rental agreement to. Or you can buy your own from fullColumn ltd x it's about £57
Hi would you mind sharing this with me too ...I'd really appreciate some guidance thanks

Please could you share this with me too.

Hi if anyone would also be able to send me a template of an agreement that would be much appreciated x

This thread was originally created in 2010.

I imagine that anyone who has paid ££ to have a legally enforceable bespoke contract drawn up is unlikely to give copies away for free!

Some people at the start said they had a few things they could email over as contract of service. I wasn't necessarily looking for a legal document more just an agreement template between salon and self employed person.

I've been hunting and struggling to find anything.

I understand what you're saying and I can appreciate why you might like something basic to help set out expectations but still keeping things informal. However, I still think with any arrangement like this, it would be prudent to get an expert to give it the once over.

Alternatively, why don't you have a go at drafting something yourself based on the needs of your salon? You could post it on here for others to comment and add to?

It's not my salon I'd be the one renting a space. The salon owner has never done this so we both said we'd look into what we could find out about agreements etc. It's my first time working in a salon and I know salon geek is always a very useful place to look around to get info. Which I have managed to find some from other threads.

I did only ask purely as people at the start of thread said they had some bits they could email. Yes it was a long time ago but thought it may be worth a shot. You don't know unless you ask ☺

Ah, I see.

It's the salon owner who probably benefits most from a written agreement. As you're renting, you can walk away with no notice if you haven't got an agreement in place.

You just need to negotiate and agree basic terms such as:
Rent - whether to pay a set daily/weekly fee or
to split a percentage from your profits with her eg. 60/40. 50/50

When deciding the amount of rent to pay or percentage split, you need to know exactly what is included such as equipment & products, water & electricity costs, reception staff etc.

Have a read through these guidelines to help you keep the tax people happy. Make sure you handle your own monies and provide your own invoices and receipts.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/vtaxpermanual/VTAXPER69100.htm

That's great. Thank you!

Thanks for the link, I've not come across that one. I'll have a read ☺

Hi would you mind sharing this with me too ...I'd really appreciate some guidance thanks
Please would you mind sending it to me too

Hi Kim,

For the salon's self employed therapists I have a contract of service - happy to PM a template for you to look at x
Hi ladies.Im a beauty therapist that is about to offer a service on a percentage basis and would really appreciate it if someone could share a commission agreement template .Many thanks!

Hi Kim,

For the salon's self employed therapists I have a contract of service - happy to PM a template for you to look at x
Could you pm me as well please? thank you

This thread was originally created in 2010.
I imagine that anyone who has paid ££ to have a legally enforceable bespoke contract drawn up is unlikely to give copies away for free!

Just to reiterate....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back