cool ashy blonde highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janelucyevans

Reaction score
Hello - I was reading a thread about the difficulty of getting cool ash blonde hi-lites, and I find myself in a similar predicament.
I don't know what my base colour is, but I've had high lift tint (which didn't go ash enough), bleach, and a combination of other shades...
It's never been quite right, although I remember years ago (about 1984/6) when I had no problem getting lovely ash lites and it was a mobile hairdresser who used to do it with a cap! Now I spend a fortune on foils and different shades and never achieve that lovely ash shade.
I was always a blonde as a child, but my hair went naturally darker, never quite brown, but v dark mousey blonde (and it seems to get darker after I had kids). Now I have some grey in there (not much).
I also tend to straighten my fringe, which doesn't help the condition.
So I'm wondering if you have any good advice about what to ask for in the hairdressers.
The 80s ash blonde seems to be back in fashion.
I've got about 2 inches of natural root, and the rest is a mixture of bleach, hi-lift and brown-dyed streaks.
Once again, it's been done by professionals, and I wonder why the colour doesn't go quite right....?
Any recommendations of hairdressers on the Wirral or in Liverpool (who don't cost a fortune) would be gratefully received.
I really miss that lovely cheap old-fashioned mobile hairdresser from the 80s. Glenys - where are you now? I need you? It's true what they say about hairdressers being your best friend...!!
Thanks

Latest posts

Back