cracked heels ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aqueous cream (sp) is amazingly good for dry skin, im a psoriasis sufferer and it worked on me so it should work on dry heels.......My only advice for it is....BE VERY CAREFUL its lethaly slippery!

It can be used in the bath for an all over moisture product, so id recommend it in a bowl of water and she can soak her feet in it...but do warn her to be careful as it sticks to the bath and makes everything it touches extremely slippery

I have a question.... I don't have cracked heels, but i have hard heels. sometimes (dont laugh) I can feel this sort of pain/discofort in the heels and when I check the heel in question, you can actually feel the skin is harder and tougher!!! The hard area is almost like a horse shoe shape! any advice?

I know this may sound silly but is it slightly paler almost a yellowy colour, I find alot of people with this problem wear heels almost all day and stand alot.

I know this may sound silly but is it slightly paler almost a yellowy colour, I find alot of people with this problem wear heels almost all day and stand alot.

hi,,,, yes it is! but I dont wear heels though

I was wondering.....
Aside from the obvious of regular care and moisturizing....etc
Does wearing socks and/or slippers make a difference in avoiding getting a cracked heel to begin with?

I ask this because I HATE going bare foot. I must have at least sandals or slippers or shoes on. I don't even walk around in stocking'd feet.
And I have soft heels.

And I know a few people who never wear slippers, constantly going about barefoot....and their heels are horrendous.
I wonder if since the heels aren't 'cushioned' by slippers or shoes, if that makes it worse? Since the skin is not protected.....

Would advising people to not go barefoot make a difference? Would it help?
Kind of like if you don't wear gloves while doing hard work, the skin on your hands gets messed up, and rough. Would the same not apply to feet?

It was just a thought I had.

Anyone had any thoughts on this, or their own observations to share?

I was wondering.....
Does wearing socks and/or slippers make a difference in avoiding getting a cracked heel to begin with?

I ask this because I HATE going bare foot. I must have at least sandals or slippers or shoes on. I don't even walk around in stocking'd feet.
And I have soft heels.

And I know a few people who never wear slippers, constantly going about barefoot....and their heels are horrendous.
I wonder if since the heels aren't 'cushioned' by slippers or shoes, if that makes it worse? Since the skin is not protected.....

Kind of like if you don't wear gloves while doing hard work, the skin on your hands gets messed up, and rough. Would the same not apply to feet?

I wera socks almost all of the time even in summer (just feel uncomfortable with out them) and i have no problems with my feet no cracked heels skin nice and soft. not sure if this helps you at all but it's just my own personal experience.
Dany

Flexitol cream is the absolute tops for softening cracked heels. It knocks spots off everything else I've tried.:green:
It's also known as Australian heel balm, available from Boots. It was recommended by some of the Aussie Geeks last Summer. All hail to the clever Aussie Geeks IMO.:lol:

I was wondering.....

And I have soft heels.

I am the bare foot queen :lol: I love it when the weather gets warmer and I can get my tootsies out, and at home/in the garden I never wear shoes (in my younger days I would go everywhere without shoes, even into town to go shopping), and yes Victoria I do think that this contributes to dry/cracked heels, so you really do need to make sure that you put cream on your feet.

Personally I wouldn't think that it was because you socks/shoes aren't cushioning your feet, but more that the oils in your skin are being absorbed by all the dust etc on the ground, just like if you spend the day moving dusty boxes it makes your hands really dry???? Only my take on it though xx:hug: xx

hi,,,, yes it is! but I dont wear heels though

This may sound funny but do you stand heavy on your heels and/or stand alot at work in maybe a court shoe or even shoes that appear flat but have a slight wedged back. My mum suffers terrible with this (hence me knowing the colour etc) i tell her to sit on her breaks, lay off her heels cause i noticed when she sits she is only short 5ft 2 and tends to press her heels against the floor for support lol.

Also soaking your feet, softening the hard skin and then getting some circulation to the feet usually helps my mum........ i hope this helps you

There is a product on the market which melts away hard skin its called Pedikur ( a German company) and basically you soak cotton wool in the lotion and apply to hard skin area, wrap in clingfilm for 15 mins and then scrape away with a plastic spatula & apply the foot cream.

It works really well, and is really good for stubborn hard skin. My clients love it, obv. it is extra than a pedicure treatment but it works so well that I have put together a pedicure package.

The only down side is that you have to import it through the company or you can buy the bottle of solution & cream from QVC.

I second the body shop foot file and Pedisation critical repair cream ,its the richest foot cream ive found.

Latest posts

Back