Cureplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't buy from that tho, can you?

No it's just the registration by the looks, I already filled it all in once before

Ah thought so, I've done it twice haha

So mobile hairdressers can't get

So mobile hairdressers can't get
That's strange because I know here in Australia you can buy the travel kit? It's about $400 though and included 100ml of the number 1, 100ml of number 2 and a bunch of the take home treatments to give to clients.

The exact same kit in Cureplex is $198.

That's strange because I know here in Australia you can buy the travel kit? It's about $400 though and included 100ml of the number 1, 100ml of number 2 and a bunch of the take home treatments to give to clients.

The exact same kit in Cureplex is $198.

Its not even that much for the full sized ones???

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1429571390.365482.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1429571400.071743.jpg

My apologies - I should have emphasized the fact that I'm from Australia - where everything is ridiculously over priced !!

What the hell thats double the price though?

Uncalled for. Is it distributed by olaplex in aus?

What the hell thats double the price though?

Uncalled for. Is it distributed by olaplex in aus?
I know it's crazy ! It's not distributed directly through olaplex themselves, no.

I know it's crazy ! It's not distributed directly through olaplex themselves, no.

So its not really their fault its being sold at such a ludicrous price?

There the U.S. Prices
Olaplex here is like $900 for the smallest kit where cureplex is $199 for the smallest kit

There the U.S. Prices
Olaplex here is like $900 for the smallest kit where cureplex is $199 for the smallest kit

Actually, that's for the large kit with 24 No.3 take homes. It breaks down to $5.60 per application for No.1 and No.2 and $28 for No.3. Yes, it is twice the price of US due to currency fluctuation and import taxes through haircare Australia. Typically, you will add $20-30 to a service to use No.1 and No.2 and retail No.3 for about $50 so it is not far off pricewise.

Star Qualities LTD is our UK distributor. Haircare Australia covers the entire AU.

As for comparisons in product, Cureplex primary active ingredient is sodium laneth-40 maleate/styrene sulfonate copolymer and is classified as hair waving or straightening hair fixing film forming. With that being said, it will coat the hair. There is absolutely no basis in chemistry. Ethanolamine, the second ingredient, helps to form emulsions by reducing the surface tension of the substances to be emulsified so that water-soluble and oil-soluble ingredients can be blended together. Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) is used in the cosmetics and beauty industry as a binder, film former, emulsion stabilizer, suspending agent and hair fixative. In addition to these first three ingredients, you have multiple oils. At best, this will coat the hair.

Olaplex is a single active ingredient with 8 worldwide patents. No.1 contains water and Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate. This active ingredient has two reactive ends and finds single sulfur hydrogen bonds and cross links them back together to form new disulfide bonds. This is an entirely unique chemistry created by two of the brightest chemists in the world. Our ingredients have been printed on the back of the bottles since August / September of last year. I will happily send over an MSDS sheet to anyone that would like one. Feel free to email me at [email protected].

Cheers,
Jordan Alexander
Vice President of Education
Olaplex LLC

Actually, that's for the large kit with 24 No.3 take homes. It breaks down to $5.60 per application for No.1 and No.2 and $28 for No.3. Yes, it is twice the price of US due to currency fluctuation and import taxes through haircare Australia. Typically, you will add $20-30 to a service to use No.1 and No.2 and retail No.3 for about $50 so it is not far off pricewise.

Star Qualities LTD is our UK distributor. Haircare Australia covers the entire AU.

As for comparisons in product, Cureplex primary active ingredient is sodium laneth-40 maleate/styrene sulfonate copolymer and is classified as hair waving or straightening hair fixing film forming. With that being said, it will coat the hair. There is absolutely no basis in chemistry. Ethanolamine, the second ingredient, helps to form emulsions by reducing the surface tension of the substances to be emulsified so that water-soluble and oil-soluble ingredients can be blended together. Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) is used in the cosmetics and beauty industry as a binder, film former, emulsion stabilizer, suspending agent and hair fixative. In addition to these first three ingredients, you have multiple oils. At best, this will coat the hair.

Olaplex is a single active ingredient with 8 worldwide patents. No.1 contains water and Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate. This active ingredient has two reactive ends and finds single sulfur hydrogen bonds and cross links them back together to form new disulfide bonds. This is an entirely unique chemistry created by two of the brightest chemists in the world. Our ingredients have been printed on the back of the bottles since August / September of last year. I will happily send over an MSDS sheet to anyone that would like one. Feel free to email me at [email protected].

Cheers,
Jordan Alexander
Olaplex LLC
Thanks for the in-depth reply
It's much appreciated

Jordan, I've been following your Facebook Group for a while now but there's very little mention about UK and European distribution.

Will mobile hairdressers be able to purchase from Star Qualities?

Jordan, I've been following your Facebook Group for a while now but there's very little mention about UK and European distribution.

Will mobile hairdressers be able to purchase from Star Qualities?

Yes. It will be available to all hairdressers. We ran into an issue as the US ports were on strike for nearly 2 months. UK product is on the water now. It should be available within the next three weeks.

Cheers,
Jordan Alexander
Olaplex LLC
Anyone else suddenly feel like canceling their Cureplex order ?

Anyone else suddenly feel like canceling their Cureplex order ?

I would love to hear from a cureplex educator tho.. Because it's a given that competing companies will do this - they all want to be number 1

I would love to hear from a cureplex educator tho.. Because it's a given that competing companies will do this - they all want to be number 1
Yes very true ! Anyone out there a cureplex expert??

Latest posts

Back