Curly hair help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsSlim

Reaction score
Hi everyone..
I've just popped over from beauty :)
My hair is naturally curly but years of abuse from blow drying and GHD's has taken it's toll!
I really want to thicken it up, calm the frizz and eventually go to a warm blonde shade.
I know I need to get it in good condition beforehand so can anybody recommend products tips to get into a nice natural curl again? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393331732.475238.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393331682.784637.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393331682.784637.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
A couple of treatments of pure coconut oil and yoyr hair will feel soft and smooth again. My hairnis a similar curl to yours and it was dry btittle and frizzy. Now i have a lovely defined curl without frizz and a real good shine to it thanks to this oil. Also try having around 1 inch off the legnth as it seems thats where the curl has mostly dispersed. Youlll find after the oil and ur trim your curls will bounce back into shape x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

A couple of treatments of pure coconut oil and yoyr hair will feel soft and smooth again. My hairnis a similar curl to yours and it was dry btittle and frizzy. Now i have a lovely defined curl without frizz and a real good shine to it thanks to this oil. Also try having around 1 inch off the legnth as it seems thats where the curl has mostly dispersed. Youlll find after the oil and ur trim your curls will bounce back into shape x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you :)
I'm itching to just blow dry it and get extensions again but I need to resist the temptation haha! X

I know this sounds nasty but take two raw egg whites {whites only no yoke} and two tablespoons if olive oil put it on the hair like a mask wrap in plastic keep in for like half hour or longer if you can handle it. Then just wash and condition like you normally do and let dry naturally. I swear it dose wonders to your hair this cocktail changed my hair for the better. If you like you can also add two tablespoons of mashed avocado but I find it's not as much bang for your buck but then again you might live somewhere avocados are affordable.

You aren't a hairdresser so you shouldn't be giving advice on this - site rules

No I'm a makeup artist, but I'm not suggesting she spend a fortune on same toxic chemical just free c**p from the fridge that cant hurt.

This is a site for professionals, and the Consumer Queries section is where non pros can ask advice from our professionals. They do not expect to get DIY advice from a non pro.

Kimi1101 is correct to give you the heads up it is against site rules, here is the rule

Thou shall not give pseudo-professional advice
In the forums where you are not a professional (i.e. the Hair Geek forum if you are not a professional hair messer) you may not give advice. This is a forum for professionals and the only way to keep it that way is to make sure that you are very careful in your comments that you make in forums where you hold no qualifications. It is fine to chime in with opinion as long as it does not lead readers to construe that the information you have given is a professional recommendation. On that note, please do NOT recommend OTC (Over the counter) products and services. These are not professional.

Latest posts

Back