Cuticles?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TP Holistic and Beauty

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if it's normal to get sore cuticles when you're using your own nails to practice with?
I've been qualified in gel nails about a month and been using my own nails to put extensions on as well as overlays etc. Each time I've changed them I've done the usual nail prep but found my cuticles have got worse. They've got harder and feel sore where I've been playing around with them which in turn is affecting the way they're looking. I've used a dual tool, nippers and buffer on the area

Are you cutting away more than cuticle perhaps? If your using the nippers on the eponychium then it will result in thickened, drier skin as this is living tissue and not dead cuticle.

The other possibility is that the products are getting onto the skin and causing irritation.

Also, be careful with your filing. I've caught the skin around my nails several times finishing enhancements, as I'm being a lot more rough with my own nails.

Do you blunt the edges of your new files by running another file up and down each of the 4 sharp edges? This will help hugely :)

Thanks for all your comments ladies :)

Latest posts

Back