Damaged Nail - Can anything be done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
http://www.thenailgeek.com/photo/showphoto.php/photo/867/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

I dont know if that link above works (first time!! :sad: ) But its a photo of a nail that I have added to my gallery.

It's my bosses, it was damaged when he was 10 (about 40 years ago) by his brother stamping on his hand! :eek: Its not diseased but its been playing up for the last nine months or so, he keeps catching it when he puts his hands in his pocket etc. Is there anything that can be done, overlay etc, that would make it more comfortable?? Said i'd ask here first.....lol
Thanks x

Im no expert, but thats bad, I would suggest a visit to doctor, I don't think it should be overlayed, looks quite sore though.. hopefully someone else will reply too Sherrie

The reason it could be playing up as in more flaking then usual is that is is dry and needs some good old solar oil..........
Unless there is a sign of infection and soreness.................
You can wrap the nail with Fabric#, be thorough with your prep,Scrubfresh is a must here.........keep the overlay short, so it is in line with the existing nail either side.....and no pressure is applied by force(accident)...........get him to use solar oil to keep the EC Resin plasticised and the natural nail plump............The wrap will help but wont cure this nail....

This nail will require a lot of TLC and regular visits to keep an eye on it......
any changes to the underneath,(the gap bit) disolouration or the like and I would advise to remove the wrap................
HTH

Thanks Ruth, sorry to be thick but I assume that you wouldnt tip the nail, just go over what is there already? Its not sore unless he catches it on something.....so would you prep as usual, then apply the wrap? I will probably get some fabric# as ive been meaning to get this anyway (only used soft touch before) and just follow the instructions? Do you think it would look like a natural nail after......i suppose it would be a lot shinier than the others? thanks x

No I would not tip the nail................I would apply a wrap only, Silk would be my choice here........it is thicker in weave and more ridgid when it has absorbed the resin.......So you will only need the one layer of Silk......Fabric# will be just right for that, because of the 3 different visosity's of the resins, you will be able to create a nice shaped nail........dont buff to a high shine, just solar buff with a koala and it wont look much different to his other nails.
HTH

Latest posts

Back