Did These L&p Pink And White Nails Today.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caz3

Reaction score
Hi,

Did my left hand today pink and white L&P ezflow 2 of the nails was white tips with white powder over the top and the other 3 were natural tips with white powder.

Any views good or bad would be nice, or just bad I do not mind LOL:biggrin:

Caz xxx

They look great!! :cool: well done:Love:

caz3 said:
Hi,

Did my left hand today pink and white L&P ezflow 2 of the nails was white tips with white powder over the top and the other 3 were natural tips with white powder.

Caz xxx
Hi There!there looking really nice to me,have you done your right hand?if you have,how do you manage to as i don't think i could do my right.any advice...

Thanks very much :) .

No I have not done my right hand yet I am going to try tonight once everyone is in bed, I will post a photo tomorrow if I manage to do it.

I am going to look a bit silly walking around with the one hand done :o .

I know I still have a long way to go but I do feel they are getting better.

Caz xxx

Caz they are looking great, really very nice. The only thing I can see (if you want constructive comments) is your middle finger and pinkie are tending to go a little wider at the side walls, especially the pinkie. Appart from that they look fab to my novice eyes :) Well done :)

oooh I like these a lot! Well done caz

Nail FX said:
Caz they are looking great, really very nice. The only thing I can see (if you want constructive comments) is your middle finger and pinkie are tending to go a little wider at the side walls, especially the pinkie. Appart from that they look fab to my novice eyes :) Well done :)

Yes you are right they do :Scared: I will have to try better on the right hand tonight. I am looking at them now and I really see what you mean thanks Jen.:D

Caz xxx

i think they look really nice well done to you

caz3 said:
Yes you are right they do :Scared: I will have to try better on the right hand tonight. I am looking at them now and I really see what you mean thanks Jen.:D

Caz xxx

Make sure you have chosen the right size tip.

When you think you have got the right size ... try the next one smaller just to make sure (often you can go a size smaller and do not realize it). Choosing a size too large is often the cause of the 'wide' looking zone one because when you put your powder bead on, it just exaggerates the whole thing.

The other trick of course is, having chosen the right size ... then really thin the tip down before adhering it to the natural nails. Once on, thin again until those sides are thin as can be. This allows you to put on a nice amount of powder and still keep the zone 1 looking like an extension of your own nail instead of like something stuck on top of it.

geeg said:

When you think you have got the right size ... try the next one smaller just to make sure (often you can go a size smaller and do not realize it). Choosing a size too large is often the cause of the 'wide' looking zone one because when you put your powder bead on, it just exaggerates the whole thing.

The other trick of course is, having chosen the right size ... then really thin the tip down before adhering it to the natural nails. Once on, thin again until those sides are thin as can be. This allows you to put on a nice amount of powder and still keep the zone 1 looking like an extension of your own nail instead of like something stuck on top of it.

Thanks Geeg, Im always fitting the wrong size tips. xx

andrelax said:
Thanks Geeg, I'm always fitting the wrong size tips. xx

Well it can be easy to do because your eyes are not focusing on the look of the whole thing .... instead, you tend to look only at the side walls and the free edge.

Once you think you've got it right .. look at the whole nail from eponychium to free edge and really study how it looks. If the tip looks at all wide at this point it is going to look doubly wide by the time you have applied product to it.

geeg said:

hi, this is what i used to do and still would if im not careful!!! every tip i choose i just try 1 smaller now to be certain. i think it was cos i was so scared of choosing a small one which would come of that i kept going too big! (if that makes sense?)

Hi carolyn,

I think you've done a really good job, each time you post a pic, the nails you do are gettin better and better. As for constructive critisism, i would say you need to tweak your smile lines, to perfect them, this comes with practise, so just keep practising! Also your shaping, ensure you have an even shape and you dont allow the enhancement to fan out at the free edge, follow the natural sidewalls to ensure the enhancement appears like the natural nail would if it were this long.

HTH.

Michelle xx

caz3 said:
Hi,

Caz xxx

Watch your waiste lines Caz - little finger particularly, middle and ever so slightly on ring finger. Also don't forget consistency with your shapes (particularly the corners)! Coming along nicely though! :Love:

Thanks everyone I must keep an eye on my tip size, also my waiste lines thanks for pointing this out.

Also my smiles and shapping I will note all this down for my next set of nails I do see all this now after really looking at my photo and the nails on my hand :biggrin: .

Tried to do the right hand after an hour in the Cellar still had not stuck one nail tip on!!!! They just would not stick I have contacted my educator to ask her why this has happened. I tried everything I have never had this happen before :Scared:

Caz xxx

caz3 said:
Tried to do the right hand after an hour in the Cellar still had not stuck one nail tip on!!!! They just would not stick I have contacted my educator to ask her why this has happened. I tried everything I have never had this happen before :Scared:

Caz xxx

Really interested to hear replies on this as the same thing happened to me on Sunday - I gave up.
Caz ~ cant add much that hasnt been said I am not expert but do agree every set you post gets better and better - Well done Babes.
I love threads like this where honest critique is given ~ there is some fab advice in this thread which has helped me for one. I struggle to get the sleek consistant P&W nails but now see why I am not achieving them ~ I am guilty of going a size bigger on tips. I was going to post a piccy of some P&W I did on Friday but reading this has made me analyse them and spot the flaws. Will try going a size down on tips and work harder on smilie consistancy and then hopefully will have some P&W to get critique on.
Thanks for the advice
KxXx

I think you are doing well and have taken all the comments as constructive so this will help you with your nails. We have all been there as far as getting smiles consistent. Hell, i still have off days and can't seem to get consistent smile lines, but its all part of being a nail tech.

Keep on practising and you will see a marked improvement as you do nails more and more.

Latest posts

Back