Disappointing results Salon System lash lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treble

Reaction score
Hi, I've been doing lash lifts for a few months now I've been using the salon system lash lift sachets which have worked really well but the last 2 lifts I've done have not been great, they,ve not lifted as much as previously and I'm not sure why, I can think of 2 reasons...

I have been using the perm and fix lotions from the bottles instead of the sachets can this make a difference?

Or I'm not taking the lotions up high enough? I am applying it to the base of the lashes only...

any help would be great full thanks x

I've also had problems with these lifts. I've message salon system direct but they are ignoring my messages which indicates that they know there's a prob and don't want to admit it. I know a few therapists that are having the same prob.

Wow glad to know I'm not the only one, im thinking to switch to ellebana as results look good and much less treatment time ...

Last edited:
Hi, I've been doing lash lifts for a few months now I've been using the salon system lash lift sachets which have worked really well but the last 2 lifts I've done have not been great, they,ve not lifted as much as previously and I'm not sure why, I can think of 2 reasons...

I have been using the perm and fix lotions from the bottles instead of the sachets can this make a difference?

Or I'm not taking the lotions up high enough? I am applying it to the base of the lashes only...

any help would be great full thanks x
You're right, it's base of lashes and up to halfway. I'm using pink sachets from salon systems but still got the blue bottle, results are really good so I think the problem must be with the blue (which doesn't help lol just an observation x

Wow glad to know I'm not the only one, im thinking to switch to ellebana as results look good and much less treatment time ...
I've just ordered the ellebana system so will let u know how that goes. X

I might try them, they seem the only ones without a problem. Is it 5/6 min development? Thank you :)
Yes it's 6 mins for both solutions. The first one can be left on up to 10 mins and that's for very strong lashes. 6 minutes is enough for most people. :)

Before and after with Elleebana

Attachments

• IMG_1302.JPG
    IMG_1302.JPG
    564.2 KB · Views: 282
Thanks for the replies, I've just ordered the elleebana kit and willl see how I get on, results look really good...

Seems a lot of people have not been happy with a lot of different brands too. Elleebana have always gotten good results and a much quicker treatment time too. You can get the products from Lash Factor :)
https://www.lashfactor.co.uk/category/elleebana-lash-lift-12

Hi, I've been getting mixed results from Lashbase recently but I still have quite a lot of products to use so am reluctant to change brand just yet but I am interested in Elleebana from all the positive reviews I've read and would like to give the sample pack a try before I'm ready to order more supplies. I've got a few questions to ask though, I hope you can help?

I'm often finding it difficult to make the Lashbase shields fit nicely, particularly on smaller eyes and older clients with looser skin, despite trimming them down to fit. Are the Elleebana rods any easier to fit? They look chunkier and quite long so I'm wondering if they tend to lift at the ends? Is it a good idea to trim them if they're too long? And are they reusable?

I've noticed all the Elleebana products are more expensive than Lashbase (the glue is double the price!). With the Lashbase sachets I can easily get 3 lash lifts from each one (I pierce the sachet with a pin and then use nail adhesive to seal the hole between uses and keep them in an airtight bag and use within 7 days). It says the Elleebana sachets are single use - is that definitely all you'd get out of a sachet? I appreciate you often have to pay more for better quality results, and I really do want to give my clients the best results but if it ends up costing me double it would seriously eat into my profits and I'm not sure my clients would pay much more than what I charge now, so this would have to be taken into consideration.

Any advice you can give will be very welcome. Thank you.

Hi, I've been getting mixed results from Lashbase recently but I still have quite a lot of products to use so am reluctant to change brand just yet but I am interested in Elleebana from all the positive reviews I've read and would like to give the sample pack a try before I'm ready to order more supplies. I've got a few questions to ask though, I hope you can help?

I'm often finding it difficult to make the Lashbase shields fit nicely, particularly on smaller eyes and older clients with looser skin, despite trimming them down to fit. Are the Elleebana rods any easier to fit? They look chunkier and quite long so I'm wondering if they tend to lift at the ends? Is it a good idea to trim them if they're too long? And are they reusable?

I've noticed all the Elleebana products are more expensive than Lashbase (the glue is double the price!). With the Lashbase sachets I can easily get 3 lash lifts from each one (I pierce the sachet with a pin and then use nail adhesive to seal the hole between uses and keep them in an airtight bag and use within 7 days). It says the Elleebana sachets are single use - is that definitely all you'd get out of a sachet? I appreciate you often have to pay more for better quality results, and I really do want to give my clients the best results but if it ends up costing me double it would seriously eat into my profits and I'm not sure my clients would pay much more than what I charge now, so this would have to be taken into consideration.

Any advice you can give will be very welcome. Thank you.

Ok the shields are much easier to use and they are not chunky at all. I've never had to trim one. They fit better than the shields in my opinion. They don't lift at the ends. Elleebana say they can be sterilized and re-used :)
Most people get 2 from one sachet and I know people have gotten 3 as well. The glue is not made in China and all the products are made in Australia so very good quality.
Try the sample and see how you get on. There's videos on youtube and I can give you the instructions as they are in my dropbox. If you need to know anything then just give me a shout :)

Ok the shields are much easier to use and they are not chunky at all. I've never had to trim one. They fit better than the shields in my opinion. They don't lift at the ends. Elleebana say they can be sterilized and re-used :)
Most people get 2 from one sachet and I know people have gotten 3 as well. The glue is not made in China and all the products are made in Australia so very good quality.
Try the sample and see how you get on. There's videos on youtube and I can give you the instructions as they are in my dropbox. If you need to know anything then just give me a shout :)

Thank you so much for replying so quickly, you've been very helpful. I think I'll definitely order the sample pack before im ready to re-order full supplies and see how I get on

You're right, it's base of lashes and up to halfway. I'm using pink sachets from salon systems but still got the blue bottle, results are really good so I think the problem must be with the blue (which doesn't help lol just an observation x
I've recently qualified and got trained with salon system but got trained to cover root to tip of lashes... would that make a massive difference on results?

I've recently qualified and got trained with salon system but got trained to cover root to tip of lashes... would that make a massive difference on results?
Yes. You really don't want to cover the tips of the lashes as you can over-process them. A thin line at the base of the lashes is enough for most lash lift brands :)

Agree with angelina

It's not the first time I've heard of discrepancies in the teaching methods with salon systems, they really need to sort themselves out and all teach the same damn things no matter which training venue you're at

Please can you tell me how elleebana is a much quicker treatment?
The 2 solutions are left on for 6 mins each. I find the rods are easier and quicker to place. Their solutions have nourishers in them so there's no need for a separate nourishing lotion. Plus you remove everything quickly with water rather than faffing around with trying to remove with nourishing lotion. It literally knocked 30 mins off the time I book out for a lash lift :)

The 2 solutions are left on for 6 mins each. I find the rods are easier and quicker to place. Their solutions have nourishers in them so there's no need for a separate nourishing lotion. Plus you remove everything quickly with water rather than faffing around with trying to remove with nourishing lotion. It literally knocked 30 mins off the time I book out for a lash lift :)
Thank you! How long does the whole treatment for a lift take? Do you do tint too? Have you got any photos? Sorry for all the questions Xx

Latest posts

Back