Discolouration on NATURAL nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exceptionail said:
I don't know if this helps, but i once i was told that its the ingredient formaldehyde resin that givesthe polish its shine, but this ingredient also discolours the nail plate so you should ensure that your base coat doesn't contain formaldehyde resin.

The base coat i use dries matt, so maybe this is why i was told this?

I don't use the polishes mentioned above so i don't know much about them.

Hth.

xxx

Hi Exceptionail

Interesting point you've raised there - do you know the source at all???
Formaldehyde and formaldehyde resin has been discussed on here quite a few times and doing a search I found the following thread:-

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=1140&highlight=formaldehyde+resin

Geeg says that formaldehyde resin is not detrimental the the nail - is yellowing classed as detrimental?? It's not damage is it, it's just not pretty! :irked:

Oh blimey I can see another 2.30am text book session coming on with Doug's book this time not tax!! :D

(edited to add) Does Stickey contain formaldehyde resin? I'll dig out my MSDS

As you all know Samuel has been rather busy of late.

I will alert him to this thread and get him to reply.

Even though I use all the CND products and treatments, I have never seen this or had the problem so I honestly do not know the answer.

Formaldehyde Resin will not cause yellowing. Formaldehyde does on those who are suceptible to it. They are two different things.

I'll get Samuel to reply.

Thanx Geeg, I know Sam has been so busy with the show and tours with Doug etc. (who I both met at excel and they were great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)

I love my Creative products and was so shocked when my client mentioned the yellowing. Lets hope we can find a solution!

Thanx
Mich

Trinity Nails said:
Hi Exceptionail

Interesting point you've raised there - do you know the source at all???
Formaldehyde and formaldehyde resin has been discussed on here quite a few times and doing a search I found the following thread:-

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=1140&highlight=formaldehyde+resin

Geeg says that formaldehyde resin is not detrimental the the nail - is yellowing classed as detrimental?? It's not damage is it, it's just not pretty! :irked:

Oh blimey I can see another 2.30am text book session coming on with Doug's book this time not tax!! :D

(edited to add) Does Stickey contain formaldehyde resin? I'll dig out my MSDS

I don't really know much more.
I'm just one of those kind of people that take peoples word as gosple. It was the lady in the wholesalers that told me this, and it just seemed to make sense as she was selling me this base coat that dries matt!!:confused:
This was about 3years ago, when i was doing my training. I suppose you belive anything if you know nothing. :o

Latest posts

Back