Do I need a certificate?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittykat3012

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm new to Salon Geeks and thought this wud be the best place to get advice. I am a fully qualified Beauty Therapist at SVQ 2 level and although I can carry out Manucures and Pedicures I have never trained to do false nails (i.e Acrylics or Gel) but I have how ever been gettin my own done for 3 years and I have taught myself how to do acrylics and UV Gel nails. It took a lot of practice and plenty botched sets but I am pretty confident in doing them and my clients are very pleased with them and have even recommended me to friends and family. What I wanted to know is do I need to do an acrylic or Gel course to be able to offer these treatments and also to get insurance. I wud be grateful for any feedback

I may be wrong ((this words mad) but I belive that Yes you do ! If your not trained in something then your not covered by insurence to do it .

I can color my own hair I did it for years dosent make me a hair dresser. And I wouldn't dream of doing it on a client with out training .

I may be wrong ((this words mad) but I belive that Yes you do ! If your not trained in something then your not covered by insurence to do it .

I can color my own hair I did it for years dosent make me a hair dresser. And I wouldn't dream of doing it on a client with out training .

Yeah that does make sense when u say it like that lol.

Cheers z

I can confirm that without a qualification, you will not be able to get insurance for this.

Latest posts

Back