Do you seal your MINX with top coat or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craig

What type of glue do you use as I am struggling with clients who have teeny toe nails and this seems a great idea.

Thanks

Jane

Toes last a while. If someone has a really small toe nail usually the little one!.. I just pop a bit of.glue on it. From experience that's the one thats most likely to come off first a few weeks before the rest!

Craig

What type of glue do you use as I am struggling with clients who have teeny toe nails and this seems a great idea.

Thanks

Jane

Normal nail glue!

i've never had to use nail glue with Minx. Even on really wee small toes... this would affect removal aswell wouldnt it?

i've never had to use nail glue with Minx. Even on really wee small toes... this would affect removal aswell wouldnt it?

This was like 6 wks later

I wouldn't recommend applying nail adhesive. If the area isn't properly sanitised, you are asking for a bacterial infection. You also would have to file or soak the area off. Furthermore adhesive sets with pressure (and lack of oxygen) or with a catalyst (or moisture). Not sure how you would apply pressure. Haven't seen a catalyst in years and water is pants.

I also would certainly avoid it like the plague on toes as you will be promoting a fungal infection. Minx last 6 weeks on average on toes anyway.

I wouldn't recommend applying nail adhesive. If the area isn't properly sanitised, you are asking for a bacterial infection. You also would have to file or soak the area off. Furthermore adhesive sets with pressure (and lack of oxygen) or with a catalyst (or moisture). Not sure how you would apply pressure. Haven't seen a catalyst in years and water is pants.

I also would certainly avoid it like the plague on toes as you will be promoting a fungal infection. Minx last 6 weeks on average on toes anyway.

This is what i thought, cheers for clarifying Sir Geek!

I've never had to use adhesive with Minx even on the smallest of toes...it always lasts. If Minx is coming off removal and reapplication after a thorough prep is what i'd recommened.

When you seal do you just cap the edge? or do you paint over the whole nail?

Exactly how are you sealing Minx with Shellac? Thanks

I do minx just on toes and I never seal the ends with glue. Not had any complaints yet. Minx last up to 6 weeks but i have a few clients who wear it for 8 weeks before returning for a different design.
Jan x

I dont seal minx, I have tried a shellac top coat and I dont think the minx last as long.

Lumos base coat under minx on fingers really helps make them last longer and is much more cost effective than shellac over minx x

Hello, just search through the forum for advice on minx with lumos base coat underneath to prolong duration of minx and came across this thread. Has anyone else used Lumos base coat under Minx on finger nails to help extend the life of the Minx ? Thanks

I just got my Minx kit! I wanted to know exactly how to apply Shellac over Minx ( to extend the wear time). I thought I had read here to apply Minx as instructed, then apply Shellac base coat cure, then Shellac top coat cure. I am going to give that a try but wanted to know if that works.

Also has any one tried IBD INTENSE SEAL or brissa gloss over Minx? If so how long did Minx last? Thank you

Latest posts

Back