Do you wear enhancements or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachel_1984

Reaction score
Hey guys

I wanted to ask how many of you have enhancements on your nails or if any of you do have naturally long nails and dont bother with extensions?

I have naturally long nails and they are my pride and joy! :biggrin:

I wanted to post a picture of them to ask what you all thought but it says Im not allowed to post attachments:rolleyes: .

Can anybody please tell me why not?!

Love and hugs

i think its coz your not a premium geek

rachel_1984 said:
Hey guys

I wanted to ask how many of you have enhancements on your nails or if any of you do have naturally long nails and dont bother with extensions?

I have naturally long nails and they are my pride and joy! :biggrin:

I wanted to post a picture of them to ask what you all thought but it says Im not allowed to post attachments:rolleyes: .

Can anybody please tell me why not?!

Love and hugs

You can post a pic into the public gallery tho .. just not into your thread unless you are a premium geek.

Thanks guys

Found it quickly enough but my images are too big in size! So back to the drawing board for me!

So does anybody have their own natural long nails rather than extensions?

Just being nosey :o

Love and hugs

i think enhancements look more nicer but thats my opinion

hi rachel,

if it's too big try changing it in to jpeg format...hth x

i would love to have long nails but i cant i am a nail biter and if it wasnt for wearing enhancemnts constantly my nails would be bitten down to the knuckles.
when i soak my enhancemnts off my natural nails are lovely, long nails beds...but that free edge just has to go:smack:

I always wear enhancements - I'd love long natural nails, but mine are rubbish!!!

If you upload your picture(s) to some photo upload site, like imageshack your photo will be online. If you copy the properties and then make a post here you type:
Code:
 [img]paste here the copied properties[/img].
The picture will be shown here but not be taking in any space, because it's a link to.
(I don't know any 'english' websites besides imageshack, know a lot of dutch though but you prob. won't be able to understand how the site works.) If you want you can pm me for my mailaddress, I'll load 'm up and pm you the link.

Hey thanks for that!!!

Will give it a try :D

Love and hugs

I love a nice square french look and my nails tend to grow in an oval shape so i do prefer nail enhancements.At the moment i am only wearing pink and white acrylic overlay as i grew them so long under my enhancements.Its nice that i can say they are all my own and people have commented on how natural they look which is probably down to the fact that they are oval.It has taken me a while to get used to though.They are very long now though.

Hi Rachel - I was always a nail biter till I left school and started work. I don't have enhancements tho cos I'm really fortunate to have strong natural nails, even tho I clean for a living (about 6 hours a day!) my nails seem to withstand all the bleach and cleaning fluids and i don't have any probs growing them long. I have had enhancements tho but unfortunately don't have the money to maintain them as often as necessary.

clairelee69 said:
i think enhancements look more nicer but thats my opinion
How can enhancements look more nicer than long natural nails. What kind of enhancements are you trying to produce? Natural looking ones?

Hiya,
I just have a clear gel overlay on my natural nails, as this stops them from breaking and they always look nice. I file them squoval. It's easy for me to do on myself, too!
Debbie

i always wear enhancements cos my own nails are the pitts -short, soft, break easy etc etc. plus its a good way to advertise pet, even if you have long natural nails- you could always put nailart on them - that may help in getting more clients

i've got my own long & strong natural nails. i love them!!!

I wear enhancements from time to time, but my natural nails are in pretty good shape and grow nice and long.

Ideally i'd love to put a gel NNO on them for a bit more strength, but i find no matter what i try or what system, i still get lifting/peeling at the free edge - even though i cap it to within an inch of it's life.

So for now i'm going au natural - i hate faffing around with them.

OK Hope this works!

Thanks Carolyn for making it smaller for me, but it still wouldnt accept!

I must be doing something wrong:o

This is a pic of my own natural nails.

Please be gentle- I know the smile line isnt perfect!

Love and hugs

those nails are absolutely stunning i cant believe they are natural. i am extreemly jealous. i use to be able to grow my own nails quite long but usually have gel enhancements on them these days when i can persuade my mother to do them for me, i cant have any on at the minute tho as a girl at college over filled my nail and has really hurt it so im scared of putting an enhancement over it now
tara x

That is ok I am glad I could help you a little not sure why it did not work as photo was only I think 55.1kb should have been fine.

Well your nails look great what nice natural nails you have :biggrin: .

Caz xxx

Latest posts

Back