does anyone know?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttynikki

Reaction score
do any of you know anywhere where i can find some info for beginners to assist me in the theory side to help revise for part of the 4 day foundation course? i have my notes for what we did in class but im looking for a sort of guide for me to look at to have more knowledge. i have had a read over the tutorials on this site which are very helpfull also, just wondered if there was any other info for 'newbies'
thankyou
xx

Hi Nikki,

The notes you have been given will be sufficient for the assessment on day four.

If you'd like to know more, an NVQ, ITEC, or VTCT will give you more overall knowledge, not just of nails but the business side, Health and safety, hygiene etc. etc. etc.

Alternatively, for reference, you could look at: The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman, The Encyclopedia of Nails by Jacqui Jefford and Anne Swain, and Nail Structure and Product Chemistry by Doug Schoon (this is an excellent one to accompany the foundation course notes, this book fully details what they touch on re. how product actually works).

I have all three, as do lots of other people and think they are invaluable. Check out Geekbay Books section and you may find someone wanting to sell theirs.

HTH

nuttynikki said:
do any of you know anywhere where i can find some info for beginners to assist me in the theory side to help revise for part of the 4 day foundation course? i have my notes for what we did in class but im looking for a sort of guide for me to look at to have more knowledge. i have had a read over the tutorials on this site which are very helpfull also, just wondered if there was any other info for 'newbies'
thankyou
xx

Hi Nikki

Have you had a look at Designer Nails' NVQ elements at http://www.designernails.com/nvq.aspx?. Also, The Complete Nail Technician and the Encyclopaedia of Nails are fantastic reference books - absolute must have bibles of information!

ok i will have a look, thankyou! i just thought it would be good to have a sort of reference even for after the course.

xx

Hi

I would look on geekbay and see if anyone is selling Jacqui Jeffords enyclopedia of nails or marian newmans the complete nail tech these will really help you now and in the future will become invaluable to you.

Latest posts

Back