Does Nail Harmony test on animals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks , I am going to the Beauty Show at the NEC this weekend. Does anyone know if Nubar will be there? If not not, I might look at their site and order some gelicure to try. I would just feel alot more comfortable using something where I know that animals have not had to suffer to make it!
:)

If they arent there, you could come with me to their open day on the 28th of May, I sent you a message earlier in the week. What a coincidence. LOL

Ah of course!! I shall check my diary and see if I can make it! x

Yes, I know. It even says "OPI - Coty" on the list! There was a thread on here a while ago when Coty first bought OPI. Some geeks were saying they would no longer use OPI because of Coty's record.
It's really frustrating isn't it. OPI have said they will continue not to test, which is the same as Essie have I think, I just don't want their parent companies to get my money while they still test.

I was so gutted about OPI as I have quite a few of their polishes that I bought before the takeover.

I'm amazed CND are not on that list too. I thought they were animal cruelty free/ not tested on animals.
CND don't animal test. Not all cruelty free companies are on PETA's list, it doesn't mean they're bad it just means they haven't jumped through PETA's hoops/signed their specific form.

That's what I meant when I said don't take the list as gospel, it's just I was on my phone and it takes forever to reply!

CND don't animal test. Not all cruelty free companies are on PETA's list, it doesn't mean they're bad it just means they haven't jumped through PETA's hoops/signed their specific form.

That's what I meant when I said don't take the list as gospel, it's just I was on my phone and it takes forever to reply!

Good to hear...I thought CND would be up there.

Well done CND for not testing on animals.:Love:

Just for reference the MSDS sheet is available on the Nail Harmoney UK website here. This document talks about testing on animals / mice specifically.

seems the mice were painted with the product for their entire lives, they didnt develop any tumours or give birth to abnormal offspring i suppose its some comfort if your a lab mouse.

seems the mice were painted with the product for their entire lives, they didnt develop any tumours and there was no damage to their fetuses suppose thats some comfort if your a lab mouse, dont agree with it though i wouldnt buy the product, if the likes of nubar and cnd can get round animal testing then why cant nail harmony.

seems the mice were painted with the product for their entire lives, they didnt develop any tumours and there was no damage to their fetuses suppose thats some comfort if your a lab mouse, dont agree with it though i wouldnt buy the product, if the likes of nubar and cnd can get round animal testing then why cant nail harmony.

Agreed. It's put me off using their products :(

Disgusting.

My mind is now made up... I definitely will not be stocking Gelish alongside Shellac.

It's great to know that the mice showed no evidence of carcinogenic!! But VERY sad to know that they test it on mice :(

Spa ritual are a vegan brand, I can only assume this also means cruelty free but these days it pays to be 100% sure.

I have to say, I spent a long time sourcing products that are natural and if I can can organic. But I've taken it for granted they are cruelty free. I'm pleased CND are cruelty free, I know Nouvatan are I will check and see if Eve Taylor make it a hat trick.

The Eve Taylor products are not tested on animals. They state this on the about us page on their website.

Most cosmetic companies who test on animals do so because they want to sell in China where it is legally required.

Profit over principles.

Mat

Thanks Matt, I was pretty sure they were cruelty free as it was something on my wish list of 'must be' when I was looking for a skin brand, I did do a quick search and was relieved.

Thanks for all the replies guys! I think I am going to just use up what I have left and then not order Gelish again. I have recently started offering Shellac alongside Gelish, so I think I will concentrate on this and maybe Gelicure too.
Such a shame as it is a great product :(

ive spoken to louella belle today who are the distributors of artistic colour gloss they do not test on animals either :biggrin: the colours are very similar to gellish with a large range of colour choice so theres another alternative to look at.

I've put an email into NSI as well, so I'll report back when (if?) I get a response.

ive spoken to louella belle today who are the distributors of artistic colour gloss they do not test on animals either :biggrin: the colours are very similar to gellish with a large range of colour choice so theres another alternative to look at.

Thanks ever so much. I shall have a look at their website! x:biggrin:

While i agree that animal testing is distasteful and unsettling, i also know that in many cases its a necessary part of the system that supplies our lives with safe and effective products, medicines, and even food products.
My clients are first and foremost concerned with performance and secondly price, "testing" only comes up if i were to bring it up and i don't.
Please don't be so narrow minded as to think that the company's that supposedly don't test aren't riding on the shirt tails of info. gathered by the company's that do the dirty work themselves.
I understand the emotional side of what is being said here, but i dont understand the reactions of dropping a excellent line, or lines of products that are following the standard guideline of the manufacturing process!
I for one am loyal to good performing products that are produced by a company that follows the legal and mandated guidelines for modern products and public saftey.
I love the earth, nature, and recycle, i think about my impact on my planet and i act accordingly, in fact many clients think I'm an "greenie" you may too if you knew my lifestyle.
However, i cant give up a line that makes a great product legally, and proper and is upfront with us as consumers.
I can't fault you for your views or actions, as i see your point. But, i hope you can see there is another view point just as important and valid as the one expressed by the original poster.

It's really cool to see an alternative view I must say!

For many people testing on animals for cosmetics is unnecessary when newer and better methods of safety testing are available. Also the UK does lead the world in animal welfare - a random aside is the quality of our milk from cows compared to that of the USA. Or our pigs are kept before slaughter for meat compared to those from continental Europe.

Yes a lot of ingredients have been tested on animals, and a lot of cosmetic products previously and that data is used to companies now. But new products don't need to be tested on animals, many view it is cruel and don't wish to be associated with such brands.

Others don't like Foie Gras for example because they deem it too cruel for the geese. I personally love it! I have friends who aren't vegetarian but don't eat it for this reason.

Companies such as The Body Shop built their business on being cruelty free. For a lot of therapists it is about principles, they don't like to see animal cruelty. And the only way we can object to that is by voting with our wallets!

Also it is a great marketing tool.

Mat

Latest posts

Back