Dream nails- how do i make them shine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joie

Reaction score
I am using the new Dream nails soak off gel, but being a new (ish) nail tech i am running in to some problems. 1- i cant make it come up to a high gloss and 2- how the heck do you use a full hand uv lamp without the gel on the thumb running? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!:Scared:

I AM QUITE NEW TO ALL OF THIS BUT DO YOU NOT PUT BOTH THUMBS IN THE LAMP ON THERE OWN SO THE THAT THEY ARE FACING UP STRAIGHT SO THE GEL DOES NOT RUN?

I THOUGHT GEL DID HAVE A GOOD SHINE TO IT SO YOU DID NOT HAVE TO SHINE IT UP!

I AM SURE YOU WILL GET MANY MORE POSTS BUT I JUST THOUGH I WOULD TRY AND HELP A LITTLE.

GOOD LUCK
CAZ XXX

Joie said:
I am using the new Dream nails soak off gel, but being a new (ish) nail tech i am running in to some problems. 1- i cant make it come up to a high gloss and 2- how the heck do you use a full hand uv lamp without the gel on the thumb running? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!:Scared:

Joie said:

Hi not sure if this will be any help but i use separate top coat gel
1. Because you get a better shine
2. With soak off gels they can be porous and can stain and using a top coat gel seals them. Also i always cure my thumbs together after i have done the four fingers on each hand. I was interested in the dream soak off gels could you tell me if there any good!! What is the consistency of the gel (is it a runny gel) and lastly what are the colours like.
thanks Karen
icon_smile.gif

Hi,

are you using the recommended wattage of light for the product you are using?

Are you putting them in for the right length of time? Are your bulbs still giving out the correct UV.

As Caz has already said, I would do 4 fingers then the thumbs separately.

Have you contacted Essential Nails to find out what they suggest. They are experts in their system and should be able to help.

if you do 4 fingers on one hand... UV them, whilst they are under the lamp you do the 4 fingers of the other hand, followed by the thumbs, UV the thumbs together so as they are flat and you should have no dribbling gel.
hope that made sense.
xx

edit: hmmm i must try to hurry up when posting lol, there were 2 other posts before mine that weren't there before I replied :D

I saw your posting on the site, and i have emailed you directly with instuctions on how to get that glass like finish on Dream soak off nails.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards

Sarah Bell
[email protected]
Tele: 01440 820 999

Latest posts

Back