Drinks-do you offer to clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quiche

Reaction score
Do you offer tea, coffee or soft drinks to your clients?

I do nails, waxing, facials, lashes and brows and don't offer drinks but a regular client of mine said that when she went to her previous therapist she was offered a drink.

So this has got me thinking. Firstly for most of my treatments you wouldn't be able to have a drink and for nails I never thought it would be a good idea due to dust and the fact that I need their hands.

But I am interested to find out what other geeks do?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

up until now i havent offered drinks no but have just bought a hot drinks machine to start!! a client last week commented to me she had gone to a local salon to get her hair done for her bday and picked this particular salon for their drinks menu!! thought she would have a glass of wine to start her bday off BUT she didnt even get offered a drink at all and said she wont be going back!! it got me thinking that even though its not very practical for clients to have a drink with some treatments it does make the treatment a bit more time out for them??

Yes I offer drinks and nine times out of ten my clients accept, so I will continue. Most have finished it by the time their product has been removed with the wraps, so doesn't interfere with anything.

When the shoe is on the other foot and I am the client, it's often one of the only times I get to have a drink whilst I'm out, so I look forward to a nice coffee or a cool water if it's hot.

Yes I offer drinks and nine times out of ten my clients accept, so I will continue. Most have finished it by the time their product has been removed with the wraps, so doesn't interfere with anything.

When the shoe is on the other foot and I am the client, it's often one of the only times I get to have a drink whilst I'm out, so I look forward to a nice coffee or a cool water if it's hot.

do they still manage with the cup ok with their fingers wrapped in foil? i have this horific image of spilled hot coffee

I've always offered drinks. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, latte, cappuccino, espresso, espressochoc, blackcurrant, orange and water. Around Christmas I get syrups to put in coffee's and have toyed with the idea if fruit tea.
As a client I wouldn't return if I wasn't offered a drink if I was there longer than 30 minutes.
As mobile I offered tea and coffee only, I would fill 2 flasks before leaving, take cups and sandwich bags. The client didn't even have to was a pot, and it all added to the luxury experience they were paying more than a salon for. X

We ALWAYS offer a drink. Its part of the customer service.
We have 4-6 drink menus around the salon and clients can choose what they wish.
We offer:
Hot Choc
Cappuccino
Mocka
Expresso
Latte
English Tea
Green Tea
Water
Orange
Summer Fruits

All our coffee's have a chocolate heart shape on top too which woman love.

Yes its time consuming but its a much better experience.

I wouldn't be happy if I went somewhere for a treatments and didn't get offered a drink. Its part of the experience :)

We ALWAYS offer a drink. Its part of the customer service.
We have 4-6 drink menus around the salon and clients can choose what they wish.
We offer:
Hot Choc
Cappuccino
Mocka
Expresso
Latte
English Tea
Green Tea
Water
Orange
Summer Fruits

All our coffee's have a chocolate heart shape on top too which woman love.

Yes its time consuming but its a much better experience.

I wouldn't be happy if I went somewhere for a treatments and didn't get offered a drink. Its part of the experience :)

Where do you get the stencil? X

Where do you get the stencil? X

Was just a little village coffee shop. Have a look on ebay. They might do something

I've always offered drinks. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, latte, cappuccino, espresso, espressochoc, blackcurrant, orange and water. Around Christmas I get syrups to put in coffee's and have toyed with the idea if fruit tea.
As a client I wouldn't return if I wasn't offered a drink if I was there longer than 30 minutes.
As mobile I offered tea and coffee only, I would fill 2 flasks before leaving, take cups and sandwich bags. The client didn't even have to was a pot, and it all added to the luxury experience they were paying more than a salon for. X
I've never heard of a mobile hairdresser offering drinks to their clients. That's a neat idea. Didn't some clients find it a bit odd, though?

I've never heard of a mobile hairdresser offering drinks to their clients. That's a neat idea. Didn't some clients find it a bit odd, though?

Some did at first but then said "oh isn't it nice not having to wash up after", its also nice to not have to ask to use a sink to clean tint bowls, brushes, cups etc... They were all bagged up and washed at home. More work for me in the long run but it was all covered in the cost of the service. X

I offer drinks to all my clients, as I feel its part of the service I provide.

As people mentioned on previous post if we were to go somewhere after rushing about to pamper ourselves, it's nice to have a hot cup of tea/coffee, or soft drink.

I offer all my clients drinks, tea, coffee, water and a selection of fruit teas. I also have an alcohol licence so that on my late evenings I can offer my ladies a glass of wine/bubbly. I offer this complimentary and it goes down very well, its only one glass but goes a long way to the relaxed and chilled pamper session we are trying to offer.

I have one lady who books our top package, which by coincidence books out an entire evening just to enjoy the peace a glass of bubbly and guaranteed no interruptions! If she's happy I'm happy:lick:

you can get the stencils in ikea, i saw them on their website but havent had chance to get some xx

I offer all my clients drinks, tea, coffee, water and a selection of fruit teas. I also have an alcohol licence so that on my late evenings I can offer my ladies a glass of wine/bubbly. I offer this complimentary and it goes down very well, its only one glass but goes a long way to the relaxed and chilled pamper session we are trying to offer.

I have one lady who books our top package, which by coincidence books out an entire evening just to enjoy the peace a glass of bubbly and guaranteed no interruptions! If she's happy I'm happy:lick:

I was under the impression from my oh that unless alcohol is being sold you don't need a licence (such as you give it complimentary to clients). X

I'd love to offer these to clients :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369241767.507643.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369241767.507643.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 423
I'd love to offer these to clients :)

Thats ace!
When I go for my nails if I'm not offered I'll just say to whoevers free are you putting the kettle on. Its easy to forget to ask. (Is hard to drink with foils on fingers haha)
At one of the salons I worked at we had a drinks machine so you could help yourself. The hot chocolate was gorgeous! It is a nice touch x

I can't offer drinks as my clients literally walk into my room, get undressed and lay down. They then get dressed and go and the next client walks straight in. They're more than welcome to make themselves a drink but I don't have gaps in between clients to make them one and like I say, they're laying flat, so wouldn't be able to drink it.

You are just too sweet doing that as a mobile. Lovely touch.

I'll definitely be offering tea and coffee. It is sometimes someone's only time out that day/week/month so it makes it a but nicer for them.

I have a baby so getting out to the hairdresser and being offered a cuppa is luxury especially as I can drink it hot for a change!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I can't offer drinks as my clients literally walk into my room, get undressed and lay down. They then get dressed and go and the next client walks straight in. They're more than welcome to make themselves a drink but I don't have gaps in between clients to make them one and like I say, they're laying flat, so wouldn't be able to drink it.

I think getting your bits waxed over a brew would be weird

I think if your carrying out a lengthy service you should offer a drink or have a drinks machine available for clients to help themselves

Latest posts

Back