Drinks-do you offer to clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I offer a selection of tea, coffee, fruit juice, squash and water. About 90% of clients accept as it does add to the relaxing experience. I always think what would I appreciate if I was the client and go from there.

We offer all our nail and pedicure clients drinks most say yes! Don't with waxing, tinting or tanning bit difficult to drink tea with your eyes closed 😉 really want a tassimo machine tho might invest soon! Xx

We decided that when we moved into our new premises we would offer tea and coffee where practical, so if nails or ped then its fine, but waxing isn't. To this end, we looked for some nice mugs but have ended up with cups and saucers - literally bought them yesterday - so will see how it goes. We definitely want a nice coffee/hot choc machine, and have a bottle of wine in the fridge for the late clients - on the house naturally!

I offer tea, fruit tea,coffee and juice. At Christmas clients got offered a complimentary glass of Buck's Fizz or mulled wine which they loved but didn't always necessary except but thought was a lovely festive gesture!!! Every where I've worked in the past have always offered drinks and I can't ever recall a hair/ beauty salon where I've not had the offer of one either,that said if it wouldn't put me off going somewhere just because I wasn't asked if I wanted a tea or coffee!!

Saw this on fb today how cute!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369517020.518613.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369517020.518613.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 261
I have a Tassimo machine ... Great selection of teas and coffees a the push of a button. Then every client for every appointment is offered a still or sparking mineral water to take with them.

At my hairdressers I don't get offered a drink, It doesn't stop me going back but it would be nice to be offered one as I'm always thirsty, I usually just bring my own, I don't drink tea or coffee. So when I start up on my own I will offer Tea, Coffee, Water, Coke, Diet Coke, a juice and hot chocolate x

I offer tea/ coffee and soft drinks to clients when in waiting area or when having manicures or pedicures and a glass of chilled water automatically after a massage or facial and give them a little relaxation time :)

I've never really thought much about whether or not to offer a drink, as I think it is good manners to do so if your situation allows (ie like Kim stated, her situation just does not allow). Some clients will accept, some won't. I wouldn't offer for a very short treatment, but anything over 30 mins I would offer. A lot of clients accept a drink, but never get the chance to drink it due to their treatment :eek:, but I think just being offered this can make them feel more comfortable and welcome - just my opinion xxx

ive just bought the dolce gusto melody machine, it does teas, all different coffees..latte, cappucino etc and hot chocolate but it also does cold drinks like iced teas and iced cappucino xx

ive just bought the dolce gusto melody machine, it does teas, all different coffees..latte, cappucino etc and hot chocolate but it also does cold drinks like iced teas and iced cappucino xx

Have you tried your machine yet? I bought a Nescafe Dolce gusto genio over a week ago and I haven't tried it yet. I think it will make things more convenient.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I can't offer drinks as my clients literally walk into my room, get undressed and lay down. They then get dressed and go and the next client walks straight in. They're more than welcome to make themselves a drink but I don't have gaps in between clients to make them one and like I say, they're laying flat, so wouldn't be able to drink it.

im the same...don't have time to start running back and forth with drinks...its too busy...perhaps if was a big big salon with loads of staff could do that

Ive just set this up, its for hair extensions so theyre sat for a couple of hours, ive got to offer drinks. Id put in a bottle of water and can of diet coke, fruity lollies. Ive got a jug if i fancy doing a juice and a flask for hot water also.

If you do nails what about a starbucks type lidded cup for a cold drink?

Ps this is a quick mock for the photo, it was the only can in the fridge :-D

20130527_123218_zps62632d75.jpg

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

I can't believe there are salons where clients 'aren't' offered a complimentary drink.

In our new premises we have expanded our drinks menu to offer wine (red, white and rose) as well as a full cocktail menu. We're even building a fully stocked bar next to our reception. Cannot wait!

I can't believe there are salons where clients 'aren't' offered a complimentary drink.

In our new premises we have expanded our drinks menu to offer wine (red, white and rose) as well as a full cocktail menu. We're even building a fully stocked bar next to our reception. Cannot wait!

just things work differently in different areas/salons

It also depends on the set up and the business of the salon.

We are upstairs in a hair salon so have no receptionist or juniors or anyone 'hanging around' available to offer and make drinks.

Our appointments are back to back throughout most of the day.

We do not have time to make drinks and most of our treatments are not conducive to this offer either.

Even in a hair salon it is pretty difficult for the client to actually drink her coffee when the stylist is trying to cut or dry or do something else to her hair.

So it sits there very aromatic and alluring and within range but in reality out of grasp lol.

What works for one may not work for others where the dynamics are different.

xx

Drinks are offered in my salon depending on the treatment the client is having. There not if it's an in and out treatment such as a brow wax.:)

For those of you without time to offer clients drinks in your salons have you thought about installing a drinks machine so clients could help themselves?

I was told that if the alcohol was provided even if complimentary as part of a paid for service and advertised as such then a licence is required.

Latest posts

Back