Drinks-do you offer to clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you without time to offer clients drinks in your salons have you thought about installing a drinks machine so clients could help themselves?

no don't see the need for the extra mess or cost

id rather people talk about how great my treatments are than what variety of drinks I offer lols

For those of you without time to offer clients drinks in your salons have you thought about installing a drinks machine so clients could help themselves?

I've managed 10 years without one and no I wouldn't consider it :cool:

x

Have you tried your machine yet? I bought a Nescafe Dolce gusto genio over a week ago and I haven't tried it yet. I think it will make things more convenient.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

yes we have tried the americano coffee and the hot chocolate so far and they taste great, i had the hot chocolate and its very frothy just like you get at costa, i know they arent cheap but convenience wise its great.

Up until now i havent offered drinks as it wasnt practical with where my kitchen is to my conservatory(beauty room) but now that i have this nescafe machine its going to be great x

If theres no time to make a drink for the client then there would be no time to clean up after either. I wouldn't like the thought of coffee cups and mess lying around all over my spotless salon. hehe

The trouble with a drinks machine where clients can help themselves is that some clients take advantage and end up drinking about 3 cups of coffee etc. I'm all for hospitality but that's taking the pee.
I know from experience as a salon I used to work in had one and there were a few clients who used to drink about 3-4 cups. Same with the water machine they had. If we were busy there would be those plastic white cups and spillage from what wasn't drunk all over the place. Pain in the butt.
I would rather have the option of offering a drink to a client rather than them helping themselves.
I don't own a café I own a beauty salon.:)

I only offer my clients a tea or coffee when they are having a mini or full pedi. It's the only time that it can be drank in peace and doesn't interfere with the treatment.

no don't see the need for the extra mess or cost

id rather people talk about how great my treatments are than what variety of drinks I offer lols

You might be doing yourself a disservice there and losing profit. Someone in this thread already stated that one of her clients went to a salon purely because of their drinks menu and wouldn't be returning because she wasn't offered a drink ;) lol

The trouble with a drinks machine where clients can help themselves is that some clients take advantage and end up drinking about 3 cups of coffee etc. I'm all for hospitality but that's taking the pee.
I know from experience as a salon I used to work in had one and there were a few clients who used to drink about 3-4 cups. Same with the water machine they had. If we were busy there would be those plastic white cups and spillage from what wasn't drunk all over the place. Pain in the butt.
I would rather have the option of offering a drink to a client rather than them helping themselves.
I don't own a café I own a beauty salon.:)

I think we might have to agree to disagree on this.

If I went to a friends house and sat there for an hour without being offered a cuppa ... Well, I guess it just wouldn't be very British lol. What about your staff? Do they not get thirsty?

You might be doing yourself a disservice there and losing profit. Someone in this thread already stated that one of her clients went to a salon purely because of their drinks menu and wouldn't be returning because she wasn't offered a drink ;) lol

lols once they come to me they rarely leave... I don't think my customers will be swayed by a coffee.. or they would have went to one of the bling bling all dancing and singing spent 1000s upon 1000s on decorating salons a long time ago

lols once they come to me they rarely leave... I don't think my customers will be swayed by a coffee.. or they would have went to one of the bling bling all dancing and singing spent 1000s upon 1000s on decorating salons a long time ago

Lol. You mean the salons turning over £1 million plus every year? Must be a nice figure to earn if you can do it. :)

Lol. You mean the salons turning over £1 million plus every year? Must be a nice figure to earn if you can do it. :)

lol I notice you said turnover..and that's exactly what it is - turnover...personally im all about the profit...just remember turnover and earnings are not the same thing

im not dissing your choice to offer coffee - in fact as ive said that's great if you have the facilities time and staff for it

I don't, im busy, I know my market, I know my customers, and I know they would rather I spend the time with them providing a high quality treatment rather than faffing around making tea.

like I said, each to their own, we don't all have to be the same, I respect peoples choice to run their businesses their way

lol I notice you said turnover..and that's exactly what it is - turnover...personally im all about the profit...just remember turnover and earnings are not the same thing

im not dissing your choice to offer coffee - in fact as ive said that's great if you have the facilities time and staff for it

I don't, im busy, I know my market, I know my customers, and I know they would rather I spend the time with them providing a high quality treatment rather than faffing around making tea.

like I said, each to their own, we don't all have to be the same, I respect peoples choice to run their businesses their way

Lol. I've ran salons for years. You don't need to remind me that profit and turnover aren't the same thing, but do I honestly think your clients would complain if they were offered a complimentary beverage? No.

Like I said earlier, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I do accept that I'm in the position where I have a team of 10 working with me so there's always someone available to make a quick cuppa. Perhaps if my business was smaller and it was just me i might rethink it.

Anyway...all this talk of beverages has made me thirsty! Anyone fancy a brew? :)

I think we might have to agree to disagree on this.

If I went to a friends house and sat there for an hour without being offered a cuppa ... Well, I guess it just wouldn't be very British lol. What about your staff? Do they not get thirsty?
yes they do and so do I. They can get a drink when they like. I always offer my clients a drink if they are having certain treatments such as nails, pedicure, and after facials etc, if they are going to be in my salon a while. I have a junior who does this. If the client comes in for a wax and tint etc then I don't.:)

Lol. I've ran salons for years. You don't need to remind me that profit and turnover aren't the same thing, but do I honestly think your clients would complain if they were offered a complimentary beverage? No.

Like I said earlier, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I do accept that I'm in the position where I have a team of 10 working with me so there's always someone available to make a quick cuppa. Perhaps if my business was smaller and it was just me i might rethink it.

Anyway...all this talk of beverages has made me thirsty! Anyone fancy a brew? :)

well if you're making it chick then on you run ill have one lmao

just let me get back to me waxing and making money:D

We offer drinks. Tea, coffee, water or squash.

But for certain treatments, or if they are mega early etc. we always offer water after massage and facials.

X

I offer a beverage to my clients, unless they're having a nail soak off, years ago I allowed a client of mine to have a hot drink at my desk, I remember lifting off the cover of my quick soak off bowl, my client took a a mouthful of her hot drink and she spat it out, her tea had absorbed the acetone odour... I banned drink and food at my desk from then on..

I'm looking at bottled water ready for summer if we have one that is, but definitely only lidded drinks will be offered.

I offer all clients a drink! I hate when I go to a hair dressers and I'm not offered a drink, some of my clients say no but a lot of them say yes. I only offer simple Tea, Coffee, water and Juice for the kids! Nothing too fancy over here :)

Latest posts

Back