Ear piercing babies......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing about guns is this....

when you 'fire' the stud through the lobe, the lobe fires out something of its own...
something called Blood Microspray.

This, as you'll know from the name is a fine mist of blood & body fluids which is released from the lobe by the force of the ear-stud piercing the lobe, then the microspray coats the gun, the piercer & the surrounding area. :irked:

An ear-stud is blunt compared to a sterile piercing needle, so you wouldnt have the same problem with needle piercing.

The studs are not of the same high quality as carefully engineered body jewellery.

As far as i'm aware, there isnt an ear-gun in existence that can be sterilised by soaking in barbicide or autoclaving.
So basically, when gunning someone, you are unknowingly using a filthy, microspray coated instrument to do it.
Sorry folks, but its true.

I myself would pierce babies ears, but not with the needle..too painful & slow for a baby,
& not with a gun for the reasons above.

*goes off to invent a steriliseable gun* :)

Apex,

that is VERY interesting. I didn't know that. I'm sure there must be a technique that peeps might use with a needle though, you think?

I know my dentist jiggles my face before sticking me with the needle so I don't feel it. Ok, you can't very well jiggle the ear lobe or gosh knows where the hole would be.

Got wheels turning in my head now.

What about those local gels or creams to numb the area? They sell them at the pharmacy I think? For before booster/vaccinations?

Thanks Victoria :)

I'm not sure where laws & insurance stand re: numbing minors..? I'll have to research that one,
but I know you can buy a numbing pre-injection cream for babies though, so I guess it must me ok for a parent to administer before-hand....
hmmm, now I'm thinking too, lol

Well actually then, if the little ears can be numbed in advance,
I'd have no qualms (well little qualms, lol) about doing it with the needle.
it would definitely be more hygienic and they'd more than likely heal better.
:)

Can you not wipe the gun down with a sterilised wipe beforehand or anything?

I get what you are saying....and obviously you have to go and invent something now :lol:

but...would the fine mist of blood be so fine and insignificant to do any harm?

I've had my ears done with a gun twice ( a needle once O...M...G :eek: I think the needle was two feet long!!! )...my eldest daughters 3 times with a gun each...I'm talking separate times here...
and my youngest daughter once so far....

Now none of them have had problems ever....no infections or anything ( apart from dodgy fashion earrings later in life of course lol )

I'm not saying it wouldn't happen (an infection or something)...but even as babies...we pick up more stuff in the air on a daily basis that could do us more harm than some blood spray....probably kissing our babies send out more germs....

I'm not trying to be awkward....I just wondered what you thought.

But Apex you brought up a good point there...very interesting and good to know.
Puts a different slant on things eh? :lol:

I have no qualms piercing the ears of wee ones (obviously)
BUT
Apex has DEFINATELY brought some information to light that does raise some concerns.:eek:

Hey, we live in an age of aids and god knows what else...... even an microscopic droplet of infected blood could cause all sorts of nightmares....
And I certainly don't recall the piercer asking if my children (or myself) had anything contagious......(blood related)

This is most DEFINATELY something that should be investigated further, and perhaps some inventive minds might come up with a safer solution?

I agree with everyone!

at the end of the day for some it is a cultural thing, some a religious thing, some just for vanities sake and we are the means to provide that.

My personal views are irrelevant to a point but having said that I can pick what age I will pierce someone and being squeamish about doing it to a small child has made me set my limit at 10 an upwards. I may lose custom because of it but its my choice.

Personally though....I hate it on babies.....

Go on...shout at me now....:)

hi

i was speaking to friends at coffee morning today and one of them brought up ear piercing babies.

they said, apparently it is a law in the UK that you can get reported to social services for piercing any child under 3, and if you have already had dealings with social services in the past you can get in a lot of trouble for it.

has anyone heard of this? i'd need to speak to her again to get better wording

Check with your local authority, you know how rules can vary from place to place,
but I've never heard that piercing a minor with a gun was an offense in the UK, & I've pierced in studios in two different counties here.

:)

yeah, we were all like what!!! surely not.

i've googled it and cant see any stories that are like that or similar

Latest posts

Back