excellent attitude

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Louise hun, I feel really sorry that you feel youve been picked on. I hope that in the future your positive experiences of the sight outweight the negatives.

I know your a nice geek as you sent me a really lovely message today about my little'un (and apologies for not replying, just forgot about it with all the drama of the past 24 hours!)

This is a community and as with any other, there will be conflicts, Ive had my fair share and a neg rep for saying something really stupid, but Ive talked with those people and sorted it. I think when your typing and not actually speaking its very easy to be mis-understood and it happens sometimes.

A good thing about this site is that topics move on so fast as it is so popular, that within a few days people will have forgotten the bad and moved on. You certainly dont stick out in my mind as a bad, dis-liked geek x x x x

Hi All!

I've been lurking on this forum for months now and thought it was time to come out of the closet...it seems the goal now is to become a more 'global' site, so let me take this opportunity to say that I am in Canada (Toronto). I'm just starting out as a nail tech and this site has been an amazing inspiration as well as informative tutor! I am addicted and my day is not complete unless I check in on all you geeks in the UK! I, too, was thinking what a lovely community you all are and there's a part of me that wishes I lived in the UK so I could be closer to the warm and fuzzy vibe I get just from this computer screen. Thank you all for being here and making this forum what it is! :Love::Love:

This site has given me such strength and knowledge that I never would have gained from a book, or even a training course. If you have a problem sure as eggs someone on here will have been through the same and can help you out.

I've made some damned good friends off here too. In the past year I have been to a couple of geek meets, and at Olympia, Earls Court and Excel I met up with people that I never would have known if it wasn't for here. So I hope you can get a Geek Community going in your area Melodie Jayne cos it's great fun ... and you can witter on about nails all day without people looking at you as if you're on something!

hi im in melbourne im just staring out and i found out that this site the people are just wonderful full of idea's and suggestions we need that here

Hi there

Thanks GMG

I'm sure you'll have a few Aussie Geeks that will help out with the planning & sucsess of An Aussie Geek Ball..... I for one offer my assistance if need be......

Maybe the Aussie distributers could host a lil ball at their locations around OZ????
Giving us a few points of contact helping the long distance geeks also......
Web cams....Large screen TV...[mirror ball lol] & pop in appearances from GMG to Geeks around the world???

Also quickly...... The Australian Professional Fingernail Association - APFA
Has avoided amalgamation with the Beauty Industry for the time being....

Since April we have tripled the number of forum members ..... but need more Australian techs memberships to keep us- nailtechs -represented & heard in goverment & withiin the Industry

Thankyou to all Geeks that have popped in. We are small compared to the Geek site, but as you can see we LOVE our nails - knowledge - & sense of community
www.apfa.net.au

Nokti said:
Hi All!

I've been lurking on this forum for months now and thought it was time to come out of the closet...it seems the goal now is to become a more 'global' site, so let me take this opportunity to say that I am in Canada (Toronto). I'm just starting out as a nail tech and this site has been an amazing inspiration as well as informative tutor! I am addicted and my day is not complete unless I check in on all you geeks in the UK! I, too, was thinking what a lovely community you all are and there's a part of me that wishes I lived in the UK so I could be closer to the warm and fuzzy vibe I get just from this computer screen. Thank you all for being here and making this forum what it is! :Love::Love:

A fine welcome to you Kiki of Canada - I have never been to Canada but have been told many times what an absolutely beautiful country it is!! Glad you have 'come out' to say Hi - make sure you put where you are in Canada on the Geek Map in 'Schtuff'!!

Latest posts

Back