Excellent Buffer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scattyfox

Reaction score
Went to the my local warehouse today as i have been on the look out for a new buffer for ages as the girlfriends haven't been up to scratch recently.

The new Super Shiny by The Edge caught my eye nice sponge square and blue with white middle.

Well took it home and played with it, its absolutely amazing with no effort whatsoever i have bright shiny nail plates, they look like they have a gel overlay on them its that good.

not sure how much they are everywhere else but it cost me £1.95 +VAT but Will definitely be getting a supply of these in.

thought i would just share with you all.

I got some of these too at Capital, they really do get a high shine. great for putting in your Christmas gift hampers too.

Sassy Hassy said:
I got some of these too at Capital, they really do get a high shine. great for putting in your Christmas gift hampers too.
Just interested in what else you put in your hampers and how much do you sell them for. Trying to think of good retails ideas myself for my clients to buy. thanks

Blimey a real mixture of stuff to cater for all budgets from £5 to £55. I add a couple of pounds to each one to cover costs of the baskets etc. For example, £6 gets a small Scentsations lotion and a handful of crimbo choccie santas in a celophane wrapping. Then bigger ones with the large lotion and wash, ones with footcare stuff, ones with an FM kit, you name it I probably have one - kept me quiet all last week making them!

hun this was the one i was telling you about and keep meaning to send you, they are fab,
scattyfox said:
Went to the my local warehouse today as i have been on the look out for a new buffer for ages as the girlfriends haven't been up to scratch recently.

The new Super Shiny by The Edge caught my eye nice sponge square and blue with white middle.

Well took it home and played with it, its absolutely amazing with no effort whatsoever i have bright shiny nail plates, they look like they have a gel overlay on them its that good.

not sure how much they are everywhere else but it cost me £1.95 +VAT but Will definitely be getting a supply of these in.

Sassy Hassy said:
Blimey a real mixture of stuff to cater for all budgets from £5 to £55. I add a couple of pounds to each one to cover costs of the baskets etc. For example, £6 gets a small Scentsations lotion and a handful of crimbo choccie santas in a celophane wrapping. Then bigger ones with the large lotion and wash, ones with footcare stuff, ones with an FM kit, you name it I probably have one - kept me quiet all last week making them!
Thanks Sassy, i think i'm going to be busy at the weekend. Just got to resist eating all those choccy's though lol.

scattyfox said:

Yes Lucia - these buffers really do bring the nails up to a glass finish without to much effort but they also wear out without to much use. Perhaps it was me but I'd be interested to know what everyone else thinks about the durability of these.

I bought one of those a couple of weeks ago but it's still in the packet!! I will unwrap it and use it straight away now I know how good it is! Thanks!!!

Hi Guys

Not Tried The Buffer By The Edge But The Miracle Shiner By "ons" Is Really Good. Really Easy And Beautiful Shine. £1.95.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The shine you get from these initially is amazing, like Lucia said, really like a gel finish. But I do find it doesn't last past many sets. After that it will still shine, but not to the same degree.
I thought this was a bit pants until I read a thread quite a while back in which I think Marian said a buffer generally only lasts a few sets anyway.

It doesn't make a huge amount of odds to me anyway as I always seal with a gel top coat on extensions, or clear polish on a natural nail.

I wouldnt mind trying one of these. Where do you get them? I used my girlfriend once last week for my trade test on my model and the shine was brill, but when i went to do her infills tonight and used it for the second time i found i had to put more of an effort in. I wish they would last longer.

OWWWW i dont want to use mine anymore if its goign to wear out lol. i was all excited as well.

Well i will use it sparingly and only on my geeky frineds then it will last lol
x

i have this 1 too lucia, but it only lasted about a week.:rolleyes:

zoeCU said:
I wouldnt mind trying one of these. Where do you get them? I used my girlfriend once last week for my trade test on my model and the shine was brill, but when i went to do her infills tonight and used it for the second time i found i had to put more of an effort in. I wish they would last longer.

Give it a quick wipe with Scrubfresh and it'll be like new again. xxx

Kimmi Rocks said:

yup...i do this too...just a wee dab...and it works like new again...xxxx

i did really like the super shiner but again i found it didnt last long the white side seemed to 'peel away' after a few sets. thanx for the tip with the scrubfresh!

be careful though....it works with my girlfriend buffer fine...but not my DSFM buffers...it melts those. xx

I think you may all be very happy about something! I have been awaiting a reply from CND - it seems that ever since they put the CND on the silver side to brand it - it hasn't been the same! HOWEVER they have a new one called the Glosser (I think) that comes as a buffer or a block and it landed on my desk a few days ago - it is INSTANT and utterly brilliant. I know you will all want to know how much, when can I etc and I promise to find out from Marketing tomorrow! :hug:

I have to admit I use the DSFM buffers,boy the do make the nail gleam but they don't last very long 2 sets and thats that.

I think you may all be very happy about something! I have been awaiting a reply from CND - it seems that ever since they put the CND on the silver side to brand it - it hasn't been the same
I found that out at the Comps last year, the writing came off lol on the nail....
But hey a little scrubfresh got rid of the writing and it was ok after that lol....

I always get the best results with my girlfriend buffer and a swipe of scrubfresh on the finishing side....it makes it squeak and give real buffing adhesion.
So hey, a new buffer from CND now thats exiting, but will it last as well as the girlfiend xxxx My girlfriend buffers go for miles and miles and miles..it will be hard to beat....

Kimmi Rocks said:

A little blob of Cool Blue works well too, I find it doesn't eat into the leather quite as much as the Scrubfresh

Latest posts

Back