Excellent Buffer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gigi showed me how a blast with Chlorispray is a good one for your tired Girlfriend!
Had a taste of the Glossers first-hand.....oooh lovely, tut! ...another new toy to add to my toolbox! :D

OOhh i am so glad Samantha, we saw the Glossers on the creative makeover and they were fabulous, we all wanted to pinch them but the Techy team were guarding them with their lives as they had only just got them, can't wait to ahve a play with them.

NYGIRL said:
Hi Guys

Not Tried The Buffer By The Edge But The Miracle Shiner By "ons" Is Really Good. Really Easy And Beautiful Shine. £1.95.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have to agree with you on the ONS one, absolutley brilliant.

I've been trying to use my girlfriend buffer more at the mo, (as i'm doing my skill building on Suday), and although i like it - i think i'd like it more if it came in a block form - i can just seem to get on easier with holding a block to buff (must just be me -but it doesn't seem to tire my wrist at all)

Thanks for the scrubfresh advice Angie and Kimmi. Give that a try! Cant wait to try the new one. I think i would prefer it if it comes in a block. Easier to hold. Cant wait.x

Another fab buffer is the star 'reflector' especially with use on natural nails it makes them look like glass, and it doesnt wear out too quickly x x x

I agree with Trin, CoolBlue on your shining side of the buffer works amazing, it doesn't rub away at the leather either. I personally find it helps shine better than ScrubFresh!! I've also used nail polish remover on them which have helped my nails shine amazingly!! Buffer didn't last long though lmao.

I like NSI's Large 3 Way Shiner - it gives a really good shine to the nail and works fab on l&P

Mrs Geek said:
I think you may all be very happy about something! I have been awaiting a reply from CND - it seems that ever since they put the CND on the silver side to brand it - it hasn't been the same! HOWEVER they have a new one called the Glosser (I think) that comes as a buffer or a block and it landed on my desk a few days ago - it is INSTANT and utterly brilliant. I know you will all want to know how much, when can I etc and I promise to find out from Marketing tomorrow! :hug:

Any update yet?....I know I am impatient but if you don't ask you don't get!!!

It sounds ab fab...only thing is I love saying
"Never be without your Girlfriend!" :hug: to students and clients
........won't have the same ring if there called Glossers!!............a minor point I know...... so when do we get them???

Has anyone tried NSI's Is It Wet buffers, these are fantastic.

The edge buffers are available at www.falsenail.co.uk for £1.50 each, if you buy 8 you get 2 free and postage is only a couple of quid.Not sure if these are the buffers you are referring to but I have used them and they are good.

Rachel

scattyfox said:
OOhh i am so glad Samantha, we saw the Glossers on the creative makeover and they were fabulous, we all wanted to pinch them but the Techy team were guarding them with their lives as they had only just got them, can't wait to ahve a play with them.
Hi ya,
do you use ezflow... think you do, so how about the snow monkey with the miracle shine liquid? I love it. And also a little thing georgie showed us was with the killer whale, buff with the black, then on the white and grey wipe a bit of acetone across (just a bit) let it dry a second and away you go.... amazing results.
you prob know this anyway... just showing off what I have only just learnt lol at myself!
;)

To make you all jealous .... When Simon returned from the UK last week he brought me some of the Creative Glossers .... OH MY is all I can say!! Amazing. Love the fact that they come in 2 different formats too (a block or a buffer.shape).

I've always adored the Girlfriend buffer AND the fact that you can use it for months. But this new one is pretty amazing ...

I don't call a buffer good when it costs you 50p per client cause you can only use it twice!! :irked: I call it really bad!!

The super shiner from Alida is fab, (we sold about 400 at the last show) but only allow 2 or 3 sets from it. If it comes into contact with cuticle oil or hand cream, the white side starts to peel off and leaves the nail very sticky!

They are £1.35 plus vat from Alida direct on 01256 707022.

extensionten said:
And also a little thing georgie showed us was with the killer whale, buff with the black, then on the white and grey wipe a bit of acetone across (just a bit) let it dry a second and away you go.... amazing results.
you prob know this anyway... just showing off what I have only just learnt lol at myself!
;)

Kirsten - that's the little trick we've been talking about with Scrubfresh, it works in the same way. Also try using a small blob of antibacterial hand wash - it does the same thing but doesn't eat in to the leather side of the buffer (that's what Coolblue is in the Creative range)

Give it a go, it's fab and saves those aching arms :D

May i just say in defence of our beloved Girl friend- we LOVE it !! It gives a truly fab shine-scrubfresh,cool blue or what ever!!Ok the new formulation needs tweaking,if you try to improve something you usually get teething problems but give the NEW GIRL a chance. Being snooty now ,we win all of the Awards for our beautiful Creative nails on technique and SHINE.I rest my case!!!!!!!!!!

Actually Mrs O - I do feel the same and I am VERY pleased to say that my long awaited answer regards to the Girlfriend has now arrived c/o the President and CEO of CND AND he wrote whilst in the Australia.

With out getting into a long and laborious story, please know that the company who makes the patented Girlfriend (that does mean that Girl Fridays etc ARE NOT THE SAME) - did produce a batch that they think were sub-standard and that it may have had something to do with the CND logo on the shiner side! When Mr Heffner gets back to the US he has assured me that this is PRIORITY and that it should be perfectly simple to correct providing the company responsible does all that is necessary to remedy this problem.

All will be back to normal - I PROMISE and I want to thank you all once again for being honest about this situation. Many have not noticed anything but some have and the GIRLFRIEND is one of the finest lustre buffers globally so it is absolutely imperative that it stays its brilliant self... you don't always think hiccups can happen but they can and do. I sorry for those of you who have experienced any hiccups! :hug: :cry: :Kissing:

Ahh thank you Samantha you are a star for taking this up on our behalf and getting the bigwigs to listen and do somethign about it.

We all loved the girlfriend and much prefer to use it but i still want a glosser buffer when it gets here lol and yes Geeg i am soooo jelous of you how much can i bribe you to part with one lol
x

extensionten said:
Hi ya,
do you use ezflow... think you do, so how about the snow monkey with the miracle shine liquid? I love it. And also a little thing georgie showed us was with the killer whale, buff with the black, then on the white and grey wipe a bit of acetone across (just a bit) let it dry a second and away you go.... amazing results.
;)

So you love the EzFlow Miracle Shine and the Snow Monkey?!! Well you love it even more next month because for every Miracle Shine Buffing Compound you buy in November you get not 1 but 2 Snow Monkeys absoloutely FREE!!

Regards

Navigator

Latest posts

Back