Eyebrow tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have a problem with tint still tinting once removed.If it's all removed it shouldn't happen.Just keep wiping over hair until cotton wool is perfectly clean.

I always have this problem with brown only - it always goes black. It looks ridiculous on my red haired friend. We decided years ago that grey was the only colour that didnt make either of us look like we had big black slugs for brows.

I have tried every brown there is and this has always happened - regurdless of how much I wiped (I ususally use pre wax to remove last bits)

I always have this problem with brown only - it always goes black. It looks ridiculous on my red haired friend. We decided years ago that grey was the only colour that didnt make either of us look like we had big black slugs for brows.

I have tried every brown there is and this has always happened - regurdless of how much I wiped (I ususally use pre wax to remove last bits)
Try Combinal,this is what I use and I never get this problem,only leave on for the shortest amount of time on fair hair though,apply/remove,then see if it's dark enough and if it is reapply.

You can also use grey in with the brown but if you're having good results with grey then I would stick with it:green:

Hey,
I used to be blonde as a child, however my hair darkened to brunette yet my eyebrows remained the same colour as they were when i was a child. I currently use an eyebrow pencil (everday!!) and it's a pain in the butt, and i find it a source of embarrassment and leads to low self confidence, especially when going away with friends and having to reapply and not able to jump into the pool or sea etc. I'm seriously considering getting my eyebrows tinted, but i'm scared they won't look natural, or the same as they do with eyebrow pencil as i people dont really know that i pencil them in.
In a round about way my question is, does eyebrow tinting look natural? and is it worth getting done?

Hey,
I used to be blonde as a child, however my hair darkened to brunette yet my eyebrows remained the same colour as they were when i was a child. I currently use an eyebrow pencil (everday!!) and it's a pain in the butt, and i find it a source of embarrassment and leads to low self confidence, especially when going away with friends and having to reapply and not able to jump into the pool or sea etc. I'm seriously considering getting my eyebrows tinted, but i'm scared they won't look natural, or the same as they do with eyebrow pencil as i people dont really know that i pencil them in.
In a round about way my question is, does eyebrow tinting look natural? and is it worth getting done?
Yes it can look very natural.I would suggest asking the therapist for very natural brows.It's definately worth getting them done as it will frame the face better with a bit of colour plus you wont have to pencil your brows anymore.

Will it look different to how an eyebrow pencil makes them look?

Will it look different to how an eyebrow pencil makes them look?
It should look more natural than a brow pencil,because its colouring the hairs you already have,not filling in between the hairs.

It is important that you have brow hair though, because obviously you need to have hair to tint.Some of my clients have gone mad over the years with tweezering their brows and have ended up with virtually nothing left.

In that instance,unfortunately there is little we can do other than recommend having semi permanent make up.HTH

luckily isnt a problem for me :)
I shall go for the tint, thanks for your advice

silly question but what do you do if you want to go from dark to light.is it possible to make your eyebrows lighter?:)

I too would like to know if this is professionally carried out too, I have done this myself a few years ago by applying a facial bleaching cream literally painted on both brows then immediately taken off, it basically takes out the dark shine on my brows it made them a little bit softer looking, but warning any longer and Id have had orange brows!! Do any beauticians offer a brow lightening service?

at college we we're told never to lighten eyebrows as it will look un-natural

then again im finding out that everything they told you at college is a lie haha!

at college we we're told never to lighten eyebrows as it will look un-natural

then again im finding out that everything they told you at college is a lie haha!
It's not all a lie Bex,they have to air on the side of caution.We are totally new to the situation when we start at college,once we qualify and as time goes by, we gain more experience we learn what can be adapted(with care,obviously)

College is their to give us the foundations,(basics)If everything they told us were a lie then none of us would be qualified or competent in our jobs would we?

It's a little bit like when learning to drive,we are taught never to cross our arms on the steering wheel(well, I was years ago)how many of us do that and it dosn't really hurt does it?There's a host of other things we are taught NOT to do but we do once qualified because we have the confidence,experience and the knowledge.:green:

It's only once you pass that you really start to learn.Knowledge and experience teach us that things dont have to be strictly adhered to, as long as we are covered by our insurance and it is 100% safe.HTH

Latest posts

Back