eyebrow waxing sticks(this might save you money)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Ash

Reaction score
When you all do eyebrow waxing

you eirther snape a Spatulas in half or use a orange stick?

Well in college i was told orange sticks will be a waste of money, if you do loads a day!!

I dont use eirther of them!!!

I use mcdonalds sticks for mixing your drinks!! They are mini wooden Spatulas perfect for getting a nice smooth line

Hope u have a try and like the idear!!!!!

Sounds like a good idea Lil Ash, but how do you get hold of loads to make it cost effective short of buying coffee at Mc Donalds every day?

I'd be embarassed going to McD's and grabbing a handful of these, I'd feel like everyone was watching.

Call me paranoid!

100 spatulas only cost £1.99 at Sally's plus vat hun, if you divide them into four it's money saving enough. But I like the idea!

You never need to buy ketchup, straws, napkins salt or pepper again either. :eek:

i dont go in there and take them no way!!!!!

I go ask the manager they normally say yes give me a box!! i offer them money they say no as they get them free any way:)

I also use the McDonalds coffee sticks for eyebrows. I have no shame and happily go in and grab a load even if I don't buy anything, nobody ever seems to care. I didn't like using orange sticks, cotton buds can get wax everywhere and I hate snapping the spatulas so this to me is the best option. They just seem to be perfect for the job. And no I don't take anything else, I like my named brands and my salt comes in a salt mill lol!!

Lil Ash, I wondered if you were told this at the same place I was being as we're both Essex chicks xx

I think i'll go to MacDonalds today!!!! Thx for the tip xx

i dont go in there and take them no way!!!!!

I go ask the manager they normally say yes give me a box!! i offer them money they say no as they get them free any way:)
Well at least you ask the manager first.
I also use the McDonalds coffee sticks for eyebrows. I have no shame and happily go in and grab a load even if I don't buy anything, nobody ever seems to care. I didn't like using orange sticks, cotton buds can get wax everywhere and I hate snapping the spatulas so this to me is the best option. They just seem to be perfect for the job. And no I don't take anything else, I like my named brands and my salt comes in a salt mill lol!!
I have to be honest with you here, I'm not sure this is someting I would be proud to openly admit on a public forum. This is theft! It does not matter how big or how small, it is theft non the less and not professional!

Lil Ash, I wondered if you were told this at the same place I was being as we're both Essex chicks xx

did u go basildon college!! my teacher kathy told me haha

Well at least you ask the manager first.

I have to be honest with you here, I'm not sure this is someting I would be proud to openly admit on a public forum. This is theft! It does not matter how big or how small, it is theft non the less and not professional!

I wouldn't go that far in to saying that it's theft...they are on display to be taken - they do not have a price tag on them. If they weren't there to be taken then they would be behind the counter with the cashier!!

End of day, this was to help people!!!!

still 1.99 + vat

that adds up after a lil while!!!

I wouldn't go that far in to saying that it's theft...they are on display to be taken - they do not have a price tag on them. If they weren't there to be taken then they would be behind the counter with the cashier!!
When you stop at a road side cafe or pop into Starbucks for coffee, the sugar, salt, milk, napkins etc...... are there on display to be taken by the customers who have purchased food and drink items and not for Winnie The Waxer to use in her salon because she wants to save 2p per spatula!

Needless to say several people who have just come out of the toilets without washing their hands or have been picking their noses have also had their hands in the spatula which you are now going to dip into wax and then apply to somebodies eyebrows. A service which they are paying for whilst the therapist is trying to save 2p for every spatula used by shopping at McDonalds.

Nuff said!

End of day, this was to help people!!!!

still 1.99 + vat

that adds up after a lil while!!!

mmmmmmmm 0.6 of a penny per wax application!!!!!!

The most popular item at Ikea? The one thing that they shift in bucket loads more than anything else?

Pencils! The little ones in the holders.

When you stop at a road side cafe or pop into Starbucks for coffee, the sugar, salt, milk, napkins etc...... are there on display to be taken by the customers who have purchased food and drink items and not for Winnie The Waxer to use in her salon because she wants to save 2p per spatula!

Needless to say several people who have just come out of the toilets without washing their hands or have been picking their noses have also had their hands in the spatula which you are now going to dip into wax and then apply to somebodies eyebrows. A service which they are paying for whilst the therapist is trying to save 2p for every spatula used by shopping at McDonalds.

Nuff said!

Not quite sure why your getting off your high horse! All I said was that it wasn't THEFT! If you want to twist things then do! Just for the record I BUY my spatulas and split them in two when I do eyebrows and lips so I get a pointed edge!!!!!

Its really a health thing, for the sake of .6 of a penny for clenliness (sp) its not a lot to pay.

Waxing SPATULAS I'm sure are made especially for the job, meaning they're very smooth with no splinters, I know stirrers would have to be similar because they are involved with food items but they are possibly not made for the same purpose.

I suspect that the owners of Macdonalds et al build the cost of the spatulas that get nicked into the cost of the beverages. That said I wouldn't like to run the risk of getting caught in the act of petty theft. Because, whether it offends your delicate sensibilities or not, it IS theft if you take something to which you are not entitled.
Only the other day people were bemoaning the fact that they are not taken seriously as professionals. What would you think if you went into an accountant's office and saw a load of Ikea/Argos/Screwfix pencils on the desks?

As an aside, why would you want a pointed edge on the skin, especially in the delicate eye/lip area? (genuine question - I would have thought you would still use the rounded edge - have I misunderstood?)

Please, please, please dont use spatulas you have picked up in a food place for waxing you do not know who has been touching them!!!!!

At least when you get a spatula out of a box from a supplier they hav'nt been handled by 20 different people.

Its yucky.

How would you feel if someone came into your salon and helped themselves to a load of couch roll?

You don't charge for it, but your not goiing to give it away to someone to save them buying a box of tissues if they have a cold are you?

In my humble opinion its also about professionalism, I consider myself a professional so I plan to continue using professional products, so I will stay that way.

My costs are all offset included in the service price and/or offset against tax anyway, so it really doesn't make that much difference....

I have had to read this thread twice to make sure that it is not a joke.

Surely we are not condoning theft, unprofessional practice and lack of consideration for hygiene......................or are we ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back