eyebrow waxing sticks(this might save you money)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont go in there and take them no way!!!!!

I go ask the manager they normally say yes give me a box!! i offer them money they say no as they get them free any way:)
Have to say if I thought these were the best shaped implements to do the best job for my clients then I to would acquire/buy them this way to ensure that they have not been handled by everyone:Scared:
Thats one of the issues here and zingara has covered the other one.
Why should the cost of my latte go up by a penny to cover someone else's wax spatula's?

I have had to read this thread twice to make sure that it is not a joke.

Surely we are not condoning theft, unprofessional practice and lack of consideration for hygiene......................or are we ???

I for one am most certainly not. I worry that the original poster may be feeling rather squashed after all the moral outrage, so I would like to say that the idea of using slim spatulas is a good one, but they must be sourced from an appropriate supplier!

I wouldn't go that far in to saying that it's theft...they are on display to be taken - they do not have a price tag on them. If they weren't there to be taken then they would be behind the counter with the cashier!!

Not quite sure why your getting off your high horse! All I said was that it wasn't THEFT! If you want to twist things then do! Just for the record I BUY my spatulas and split them in two when I do eyebrows and lips so I get a pointed edge!!!!!
I haven't twisted anything, more like you have missed the point. I made mention to what you said in your second post about items being on display and that they are there for the taking or else they would be behind the counter.

You also miss the point in that it is not just about theft, however minor. It is also not professional or hygienic. I suggest please that you read again all that I have said.

I suspect that the owners of Macdonalds et al build the cost of the spatulas that get nicked into the cost of the beverages. That said I wouldn't like to run the risk of getting caught in the act of petty theft. Because, whether it offends your delicate sensibilities or not, it IS theft if you take something to which you are not entitled.
Only the other day people were bemoaning the fact that they are not taken seriously as professionals. What would you think if you went into an accountant's office and saw a load of Ikea/Argos/Screwfix pencils on the desks?

As an aside, why would you want a pointed edge on the skin, especially in the delicate eye/lip area? (genuine question - I would have thought you would still use the rounded edge - have I misunderstood?)

Yes you have...the pointed edge is to get and even finish around the brow arch, this prevents the wax getting on the hairs you don't want to wax!? Does this make sense?

I like this thread.....:eek::lol:
I'm gonna get some and use them as a pro pusher.
Honest.:)

You can actually buy similar spatulas in arts and craft shops.

I like this thread.....:eek::lol:
I'm gonna get some and use them as a pro pusher.
Honest.:)

PM your address - I want a quality manicure!

You can actually buy similar spatulas in arts and craft shops.
If you don't mind weezie, I'd rather not buy mine as I prefer to shop lift :wink2:! Tracey stop it. Get a grip :smack:.

Sorry, couldn't resist! Back to the original thread though, yes Lil Ash, I agree that some professional dinky little spatulas would be ideal for eyebrow waxing. I personally love waxing eyebrows.

Yes you have...the pointed edge is to get and even finish around the brow arch, this prevents the wax getting on the hairs you don't want to wax!? Does this make sense?

I split mine in half too and use the pointy edge so that i can get a precise straight line for the eyebrow rather than a round edged wobble!!!

So you use the snapped edge? I'm not being nasty I'm just asking,

Is it not all pointy and scratchy on the clients skin?

Going slightly off thread but not worth a new one, does anyone know where you can buy larger than normal spatulas for waxing? do they exist- I have always thought larger ones would make leg waxing much quicker.

-Please don't say the large coffee stirrers in starbucks!-

-Please don't say the large coffee stirrers in starbucks!-[/quote]

PMSL:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ellisons used to do bigger spatulas. Might be worth a look x.

I wonder why none of the spatula suppliers have come up with dinky ones.

I dont know who are the makers of these things but maybe one of the main waxing suppliers could contact the likes of McDonalds for want of a different example, and ask for details to supply these with their other spatulas. All waxers seem to edit the big ones - surely there is a market - yes?

So you use the snapped edge? I'm not being nasty I'm just asking,

Is it not all pointy and scratchy on the clients skin?

That was my thought too!

These look fantastic, plus the quantity is great! Thanks, will order now!

It will be a lot of eyebrows before you run out of a £3 box of them won't it lol!!!

I love a bargain :)

They are good quality too.. I have only ever had one that snapped on me.. and it was a particularly thin one up to the others in my tray. :hug:

It will be a lot of eyebrows before you run out of a £3 box of them won't it lol!!!

I love a bargain :)

They are good quality too.. I have only ever had one that snapped on me.. and it was a particularly thin one up to the others in my tray. :hug:

Abso-bloomin-lutely!!! I too lurvvvveee a bargain:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back