eyebrow waxing sticks(this might save you money)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you use the snapped edge? I'm not being nasty I'm just asking,

Is it not all pointy and scratchy on the clients skin?

No, your not jabbing them with the point your just gliding it over the skin as usual to get a crisp perfect line which equals less mistakes and less tweezing!

It should snap quite clean down the middle and if not peel any sticky out bits off and then it'll be smooth again!

xxx

i dont go in there and take them no way!!!!!

I go ask the manager they normally say yes give me a box!! i offer them money they say no as they get them free any way:)

Good idea! and thats nice of the manager isn't it!!! :)

I sorry but I feel the need to make a gulity confession....
I allow my kids to take "more than enough" of them little hand wipes in sachets when we go to KFC.....
But they looovvveee them...and they like keeping them in their pockets for school....

Mind you only probably about 5 or 6..as they only have kiddie hands lol...

Wonder if thats theft though ???
I feel guilty now lmao...coz im like "yeah kids...help yourselves" :o

This is where I get mine from: Wooden Coffee and Tea Stirrers 5.5 inch (1000 stirrers) :: Discount Coffee

I used to nab a few in McD's from time to time..but felt so guilty that I searched for wooden coffee stirers and for £3 you can get a 1000 of them.... bargain :) Perfect for eyebrows, upper lip, nostrils and ears :)

:hug:

Thats brill, think I will have to get some. I have to say I haven't used any for a long time, it was mainly when I was practising at college, and it was a lecturer that told me about it, so I should imagine there are lots of therapists out there that use them, I didn't go in there and think "Oh they look great for waxing" when I was in McDonalds!

Hi

My perron rigot rep told me that its against health and safety to snap spatulas in half now due to the risks of splinters etc..

becki xxx

Hi

My perron rigot rep told me that its against health and safety to snap spatulas in half now due to the risks of splinters etc..

becki xxx

"Health and Safety" is actually a very loose term! Who are the Health and Safety you think your PR rep is talking about? Differing practises are supported by different local boroughs, or industry bodies, but there is actually no one, UK wide body that lays down Health and Safety rules for particular workplaces, such as salons, just the general regulations from the HSE (Health and Saftey Executive) that we all should be displaying as standard in our salons (And I bet quite e few aren't!) No where on this does it cover ANY particular industry tools....I just searched for waxing....and spatula's....not a mention!

There is a Waxing Code of Practise by habia, which gives great guidelines for sanitary working practise....this incidentally suggests you don't use items not governed by the cosmetics regulations act 2003 for waxing (I guess that includes coffee stirrers) but doesn't say anything to my knowledge about waxing spatulas.

Whatever, my point being.....we can follow industry guidelines but there's no law against any of this...coffee stirrers, breaking waxing spatula's, or simply smearing it on with your stiletto enhancments (JOKE!) :lol:

Last edited:
"Health and Safety" is actually a very loose term! Who are the Health and Safety you think your PR rep is talking about? Differing practises are supported by different local boroughs, or industry bodies, but there is actually no one, UK wide body that lays down Health and Safety rules for particular workplaces, such as salons, just the general regulations from the HSE (Health and Saftey Executive) that we all should be displaying as standard in our salons (And I bet quite e few aren't!) No where on this does it cover ANY particular industry tools....I just searched for waxing....and spatula's....not a mention!

There is a Waxing Code of Practise by habia, which gives great guidelines for sanitary working practise....this incidentally suggests you don't use items not governed by the cosmetics regulations act 2003 for waxing (I guess that includes coffee stirrers) but doesn't say anything to my knowledge about waxing spatulas.

Whatever, my point being.....we can follow industry guidelines but there's no law against any of this...coffee stirrers, breaking waxing spatula's, or simply smearing it on with your stiletto enhancments (JOKE!) :lol:

all i was saying was what simply what my rep said!!:eek:

I got the small spatulas and was dissapointed that they are in fact just wooden lolly sticks.

So save your kids lolly sticks this summer LOL:wink2:

Think I will order some of the coffee stirrers too.

xx

all i was saying was what simply what my rep said!!:eek:

I know hunny, and I meant no offense by any of what I said, it absolutely wasn't aimed at you......just because this is a forum that people come to for information when starting out etc, so I just wanted to put up where people could get the correct info as opposed to going off what a rep said.....which was a bit loose!

I know you are usually pretty clued up, so please don't take think for one minute I was doubting you and I apologise if it came across that way. I just get passionate about making sure people know the right info, as having something on here that isn't quantifiable could be misleading to someone new in the industry! :hug:

Hey Lilash

Ive been using the mc donalds sticks for ages now too, much better than the original eyebrow stick and yep a hell of lot cheaper:)

Hehehehe everytime myself or other half goes into mc donalds we pick up a load just to keep stocking up , geeee,s they better not catch on to us lol

what would we do without them ( would be in big trouble lol )

i use costa coffee mixers!!!! he he!! x

This is where I get mine from: Wooden Coffee and Tea Stirrers 5.5 inch (1000 stirrers) :: Discount Coffee

I used to nab a few in McD's from time to time..but felt so guilty that I searched for wooden coffee stirers and for £3 you can get a 1000 of them.... bargain :) Perfect for eyebrows, upper lip, nostrils and ears :)

:hug:

My husband has a cafe and ordered me a case of 10 boxes of these - 10 X 1000 = 10,000 Usually I snap them in two to eke them out a bit :rolleyes: so I'll never need to buy them again - ever !

BTW He'd slap the hand of anyone caught 'pinching' handfuls of them. :smack:

i'll stick to my mini orange wood sticks. i like to be able to twist the 'spatula' easily, and those little flat ones just wouldnt twirl as well as a round OWS.

Hey lil ash

Ive been using the sticks from mc donalds for ages now everytime myself or other half goes into there we pick up a load ( got to keep stocked up ) lol

geee,s hope they dont catch on will not be good for us all ( what would we do without them ) :)

i use costa coffee mixers!!!! he he!! x

My husband has a cafe and ordered me a case of 10 boxes of these - 10 X 1000 = 10,000 Usually I snap them in two to eke them out a bit :rolleyes: so I'll never need to buy them again - ever !

BTW He'd slap the hand of anyone caught 'pinching' handfuls of them. :smack:

That is exactly the point - someone has to buy them for those of you who use them to 'obtain' them free of charge. For goodness sake, be professional order the tool that does the job (spatulas or coffee stirrers)! I cannot believe something that costs pennies is having the cost picked over......

How would you like it if people helped themselves to your lint free wipes to take theor own nail polish off at home becasue 'it's cheaper than buying them'? They're not expensive to buy, but they are when you have to buy them in bulk........ I know McD and Costa are big multi-nationals but they still have to control costs!

How can one call themselves a "professional" if they steal consumables?! It just doesn't work for me! Is there any wonder that some in the industry are not taken seriously?
Can you imagine what would happen if a client got an infection after an eyebrow wax and when the insurance company did their investigation?
"So then, Ms Therapist, let me get this straight. You used an implement from a food establishment to use on your client? Do you have a receipt for this item so we can trace its source? No? Why not? What's that, you stole it? Ah, I see. Let's take a look at everything else you use in your salon - now, where did you get your wax, your pushies, your electrolysis needles..."

I know this is an extreme hypothesis, but you get the picture.

I have to say I'm really shocked. When you see who touch those sticks in McD's, not very clean adults, kids fresh from the loo with Mum asking if they washed their hands/used soap, the guy at the next table absentmindedly mining for coal in his nose, WHY would you pick a handful up for using on clients? I have stood before now waiting to pick one up for my coffee and walked away having watched a guy dig a finger in his ear and then reach for a stick. Maybe I'm a bit anal but I'm picky (pardon the pun) about that kind of thing.

I was thinking of venturing into the world of getting my top lip and brows waxed but actually, maybe I wont! :eek:

Hi I have been reading this thread and find it absolutely incredulous! If you want to be taken seriously as a professional therapist then buy the right tools and equipment. Would you like your GP to use lolly sticks etc instead if tongue depressors from the local fast food outlet? There are lots of airborne and other germs that may reside on these items - how do you know if someone has not sneezed all over these sticks? If you have a child then you know they pick things up suck them and put them back! I too was told to go into Starbucks on a beauty refresher course and use their coffee stirrers and I thought no way! Unbelievable.

Well my coffee stirers that I buy come in a closed box and they are as hygenic as spatulas out of a spatular carton that I buy from the wholesalers.

I use them because they are an ideal size and work well for me. Thanks :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back