Eyebrow waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MUA

Reaction score
has anyone done any recent courses??
Apart from HD are there any you would recommend?? I'm quite confident anyway but would like to be even better.

Has anyone done the salon services brow design course???

I've done Lash Perfect Hi Brow and love it! As do my clients [emoji4]. My clients like the fact that there is a range of tint colours which Thanet can choose from/ change to. Very individual and not "one or two shades of tiny fits all". Hope this is helpful [emoji4]

I've done Lash Perfect Hi Brow and love it! As do my clients [emoji4]. My clients like the fact that there is a range of tint colours which Thanet can choose from/ change to. Very individual and not "one or two shades of tiny fits all". Hope this is helpful [emoji4]

Do you charge more then the average eyebrow wax price??

Or do you advertise this as a different treatment and charge more??

An eyebrow wax in the area I live in is £6

Do you charge more then the average eyebrow wax price??

Or do you advertise this as a different treatment and charge more??

An eyebrow wax in the area I live in is £6

I do. I charge £6 for straightforward Brow wax & that's literally a tiny tidy up. My full Hi Brow treatment is £30.

Hardly anyone now has the £6 treatment and it's no tint, threading etc etc and clients love the fact there's a range of tint colours and also shapes to work with.

HD IS FAB but pricey!
I did Billion Dollar 3 1/2 years ago too, which I thought was awful, frankly.

I trained with Billion Dollar Brows Essex last year and the training was absolutely amazing, I have a little home salon and Billion Dollar Brows is very popular.

The only things that I didn't like was:

That the training was with warm wax and it was a dreadfully cheap wax (i thought I'd be using Australian bodycare hot wax as that's who distributes the bdb products) and I use high quality wax and hot wax for Brows and felt like I'd gone back in time to my old college days of dreadful wax but I was confident enough with the amazing training to then go home and practice to use the technique with my hot wax.

The professional only online shop drives me nuts you add one item and it changes the quantities to several and takes ages for the pages to refresh, and you have to order a huge order to get free postage. At the moment I only need one thing the brow gel is so tiny and gets used up very quickly and because postage is so high it's not worth it!! I also don't have the money for lots of stock or the space to store products so can't retail so if someone wants to order one item then the postage is so high it's not worth it for me.

Apart from those things the technique was great to learn as it focuses on creating a defined brow with a natural shape for the face , I have many clients that return regularly and the makeup products are lovely. The trainer was lovely and you send case studies and the best thing was she is very thorough and only passes you when you create the perfect brows so lots of case studies needed I think I did about 8 case studies and two were sent to Billion Dollar Brows for approval.

Hope this helps x

has anyone done any recent courses??
Apart from HD are there any you would recommend?? I'm quite confident anyway but would like to be even better.

Has anyone done the salon services brow design course???

Do you mean Salon Service's Eyebrow Define & Design course? I did it as a refresher last year. I enjoyed it and picked up some good tips from the trainer (it was 20 years after my original training and I was a little rusty!). There were only 2 of us on the course which meant we had good personal attention but we still ran out of time and I didn't get a chance to do any threading, which was disappointing as that was the only aspect I hadn't done before! If you are already quite confident I'm not sure if you'd really learn anything you don't already know on this course. I'd love to do the Hi-Brow course because to me it looks every bit as good as HD, but so much cheaper. That said, it's still a lot of money to go over a lot of the things we already can do, so I'm still making my mind up on that one!

Latest posts

Back