Eyelash Extensions - Prices/Times etc...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennykins

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've been busy using the search facility to find out how much salons charge to do Eyelash Extensions but I can't seem to find the answers i'm looking for!

What I would like to know is -

1. How much do they cost to be applied?
2. How long does the inital application take?
3. How often do you have to have them re-done or touched up?
4. How much do they cost to be re-done?
5. How long does it take to have them re-done?

One other thing, how different are Eyelash Extensions to Indiviadual Lashes that you learn on the NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy course?

If anyone can answer any of the above questions that would be great!

Sorry if it seems like 20 questions!!!!!
Thanks for your help in advance!

Individual are not really individual are they? they are 3/5 strands knotted together and look like flies on your eyes. Neither long lasting or nice.
Eyelash extensions literally are single strands. They are applied to the existing lashes on a one to one basis. They look very natural and feel weightless. Not only do they make your lashes appear fuller they can be lengthened also.
They will last as long as the natural lash it is adhered to lasts if they are applied correctly. This is not rocket science but is highly skilled and patience is very much a quality that you must poccess.
They will take approx 90 mins to apply. In-fills are required every 2/3 weeks to keep them full looking.
Salons will charge between £80 / 100 per full set and £20 / 30 for infills taking approx 30 mins. ladies do pay this amount because they are so fabulous looking.

Gosh - give me cheap flies at 15 squid a pop then!!!!!!

angieb said:
Salons will charge between £80 / 100 per full set and £20 / 30 for infills taking approx 30 mins. ladies do pay this amount because they are so fabulous looking.

I was seriously looking into doing this, but the training is quite expensive, and I'm not sure how many people would pay £80-£100 for it?? :eek: has anyone done the training? and made any money for it? Hope to look into it some more at Scottish Beauty in May.

I do the individual lashes or 'flies' at college. I know what you mean about them looking a bit crap. However individual lashes are my specialty and if they are done correctly they should look natural but give your lashes a fuller look, I'd recommend you also get your lashes tinted at the same time for an even greater effect. Its taken me a full year of blood, sweat and tears :cry: to get as good at the application (I'm doing VTCT Level 2 Beauty Therapy) and when I've finished a set I'm always really proud and love to stand back and admire the work. :D

thanks for your replies girls......anyone else have any views?

JoanneNYK said:
I do the individual lashes or 'flies' at college. I know what you mean about them looking a bit crap. However individual lashes are my specialty and if they are done correctly they should look natural but give your lashes a fuller look, I'd recommend you also get your lashes tinted at the same time for an even greater effect. Its taken me a full year of blood, sweat and tears :cry: to get as good at the application (I'm doing VTCT Level 2 Beauty Therapy) and when I've finished a set I'm always really proud and love to stand back and admire the work. :D
Trouble is with these type of extensions is they dont last long.I remember when I was at college having the lecturer do a demo on me and the next day I had lost quite a few and some were stuck together.I looked like I had conjunctivitus and had to remove the rest. The new ones as mentioned are individual strands of hair that are stuck on to each hair lash and are supposed to last a long time.I think I would pay £70.00 for a set as my lashes are very thin and not very long.What I would give for long luscious lashes.Pity they dont last a lifetime eh!!

I have 2 packs of individual lashes (the fly ones) in my make-up case but I never use them...they really dont last that well which is why the new lash extensions are probably going to take off big time...not everyone can afford them but then not everyone can afford hairextensions or boob jobs - but if you really want them then you will afford them... I think the bridal market is where they will take off...

1. How much do they cost to be applied? £75-£125
2. How long does the inital application take? one and a half hours - 2 hours
3. How often do you have to have them re-done or touched up? 2 weeks after initial application, then the same intervals as nails really.
4. How much do they cost to be re-done? Depends on how many have come away, as you can have up to 30 individual lashes within each eye. £25-£50
5. How long does it take to have them re-done? 30 mins or so depending on how many have come away and how many need to be replaced.

One other thing, how different are Eyelash Extensions to Indiviadual Lashes that you learn on the NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy course?

Eyelash extensions come in strips, or clumps. Individual lashes are placed on your middle growing lashes as near to the base as possible and are bonded to grow and fall out naturally with your own lashes.

Look on the Nouveau Contour website.

HTH.........x

Late reply but I thought I'd point out that everything in the last post is right apart from the last paragraph whichis the wrong way round.

Individual's come in strips and extensions are single and bonded on.

Nouveau Lashes new glue lasts forever!

bit late on this thread but just wanted to say. I had a full set of noveau lash extensions. It could have been great im sure... but the next day one eye was so skew wiff... (sorry can't seem to write that out properly)... seriously the lashes were crossing each other.. some seem to be poking the wrong way ... and others had come out. Awful .. the biggest waste of 85 pounds....

maybe it was the way they were applied i have no idea... i was so dissapointed as ive been looking forward to the long eyelash day for a long time!

bit late on this thread but just wanted to say. I had a full set of noveau lash extensions. It could have been great im sure... but the next day one eye was so skew wiff... (sorry can't seem to write that out properly)... seriously the lashes were crossing each other.. some seem to be poking the wrong way ... and others had come out. Awful .. the biggest waste of 85 pounds....

maybe it was the way they were applied i have no idea... i was so dissapointed as ive been looking forward to the long eyelash day for a long time!

Hi there this is definitely an application fault, individual eyelash extensions last for a good 2 months if you look after them and return for fills. Sounds like she dropped them in rather than running the glue up the lash. I would return to the salon and ask them to reapply

yes i will go back ... but it wasn't in my home town and a long way from here (was visiting family)

all are out now - i did have to remove the rest as they looked out of place .... along with a few of my own lashes...

oh well they'll grow back..

all in all v. disappointing experience

Eyelash Extensions are a brilliant service to offer. I'm up in Aberdeen and the salon i work in is out the door with Eyelash clients. People can't get enough, seriously have to warn some people of addiction to them! It takes quite a while to get good at them. I've been doing them for 3 1/2 years now and feel confident I could do most peoples lashes. Even the annoying ones that point all which way! :lol: People will pay 70 quid for a set if your good. Offer them half price to start with to get clients in then increase it once you've got the nack! X

Because you have said it was the one eye that had gone skewiff by the next day i would be more inclined to say that you have slept on that side and this is what has caused them to go like that,
one of the after care recommendations is to try not to sleep with your lashes touching the pillow, especially for the next few days to let the bond fully set in place,
hope this helps to answer why you may have had this problem.

going to give it another go when ive managed to save up again!
x

just bumping this up as im going in for a second go with a full set.

does anyone have any tips to keep them going as long as possible this time. Also i reallly want the lashes to curve around my eye with longest at edge of eye. Im not too fussed about length and more interested in the fuller appearance so which mm thickness would you recommend - i had 10 last time... and thought they were too wispy...

any tips?

thanks
greekgirl

Ideally you want a tech who has a range of lashes, not just different lengths, but different thicknesses. They may have appeared wispy if they were all the very thin ones.

just bumping this up as im going in for a second go with a full set.

does anyone have any tips to keep them going as long as possible this time. Also i reallly want the lashes to curve around my eye with longest at edge of eye. Im not too fussed about length and more interested in the fuller appearance so which mm thickness would you recommend - i had 10 last time... and thought they were too wispy...

any tips?

thanks
greekgirl

With out seeing your natural lashes it is a hard call to make,
the mm thickness that can be applied all depends on the condition of your own lashes,
if you have thick strong natural lashes then up to 25 mm thickness could be applied
but if this size were to be applied to thin weak natural lashes then they would not last long at all, they would feel heavy and would twist out of place,
15 mm is the average thickness that is generally used,

you need to tell your therapist exactly what you want like you have done here,

Getting ready for your appointment
Do not wear any make up to your appointment (this can interfere with the bond if not fully removed by the therapist)

Do not wear contact lenses to your appointment, just wear normal glasses.

Always inform your therapist of any suspected eye problems.

after care
Visits to saunas, steam rooms and swimming pool to be kept to a minimum and not at all during the first 48 hrs.

Do not touch or get your lashes wet in the first 24hrs to allow the adhesive to fully dry, after this time only brush very gently upwards with the lash comb/brush that your therapist should have provided you with.

Avoid hot steam from the shower for the next 48 hrs (cool quick showers/baths).

Do not rub your eyes.

Do not use any oil based make up remover.

Mascara should not be necessary but if you really want to wear it only apply to the tip of the extension and only use a water based mascara that had been recommended by your therapist.

Do not use an eye lash curler it will not be needed.

Try not to sleep on your lash extensions.

Don't forget to have them topped up every 2 to 3 weeks depending on your own eye lash growth cycle.

Your therapist should provide you with an after care leaflet but i hope this helps you to get the best from your next set :hug:

thanks so much for that - very useful! will let you know!:)

Latest posts

Back