Eyelash tint on an 11 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed Souz.
We all have to make our own minds up about what we feel comfortable doing as far as treatments go but some of the posts on this topic are over the top.
Anyone who has a daughter around high school age knows everything is a battle of wills. So if a simple lash tint means she doesn't go to school looking like a goth then what's the harm?
Lets be realistic, it stings the same as shampoo in the eye and its as likely to get in an adults eye as a child's. Total hysteria to suggest childhood is being stolen by doing this!
Im done on this subject, but for those still living in the 1950's, happy chatting!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I personally think just because people have differing opinions it doesn't make them backward thinking as suggested by your living in the 1950s comment.:rolleyes:

There are 2 completely different issues here.

One concerns the practical side.
Insurance, which you have checked.
I don't know the long-term allergenic issues; perhaps they are something for the OP to research.
I also think it would be useful, if you decide to go ahead, to meet the child first. If she looks like a huge fidgeter, beware....

The moral side is primarily her mother and father's responsibility. However, if the therapist has strong beliefs then he/she is perfectly right to refuse.

The Occurrence Of Allergic Skin Diseases In Children Has Doubled In Recent Years, Due To An Increased Use Of Make-Up And Other Cosmetics

Just one article ive found there are hundreds.

I have been doing a bit of research lately as my 20 year old daughter has suddenly developed all sorts of allergic skin reactions.

She herself is a therapist working with Decleor and she has been getting lots of eczema on her hands when she uses the body products.

Her eyes also swell up now with mascara and false lashes and spraytan makes her very dry and itchy.

A lot of allergy problems can be due to something wrong with the immune system which is very immature in children.Maybe as therapists we seriously do need to consider what we are putting on childrens skin.

Ladies get a grip!!!

Those of you who don't agree that's fine - don't do it.

Those of you who would do it - that's fine too.

Why do those of you who don't agree have to try and hit over the head those who do agree??

Opinions are fine but making judgements on other geeks is not acceptable in the manner we have seen on this thread recently.

Peace and respect.

Ladies get a grip!!!

Those of you who don't agree that's fine - don't do it.

Those of you who would do it - that's fine too.

Why do those of you who don't agree have to try and hit over the head those who do agree??

Opinions are fine but making judgements on other geeks is not acceptable in the manner we have seen on this thread recently.

Peace and respect.

Totally agree. This forum is for advice and OPINIONS!!!! not for people to try a force their views on others!

I think the OP has probably had enough views and opinions now to be able to make her decision! At the end of the day now, as long as the OP is happy and comfortable with her decision then that should be what matters! Some people will agree, some people won't! End of! :)

Hi hun

Youve gone to your insurance which is good and now youre left with a decision.

Im not going to say what id do as it is actually irrelevant to what YOU decide. But before making your decision a few things to consider....

Do you want to treat children?

What is the image of your business, is it open to treat children?

Would you like to treat more than one child as this may be something you find is more requested after treating this one girl.

Im sure there are lots more questions to consider and answer but these three sprang to mind first from a business not a personal point of view, though in the end in some cases how you feel about kids getting beauty treatments will effect whether or not youd do this lash tint. If you dont want to treat kids dont no harm in that. If you do take a beat and risk assess the treatment. This may give you an answer before your personal opinion comes in to it.

Love n hugs x x x

Latest posts

Back